• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

quickchange dumbbells from gymdirect

TPTK

Hey guys

I was currently looking at the ironmaster quicklock dumbbells until I came accross another on gymdirect.

Obviously its a copy of the ironmasters but it is almost half price.

Quick Change Dumbbell 42.5kg x 2

has anyone had any experience with these?

They are actually a Hoist model, not the same mechanism as Ironmasters:
[youtube]qTCrYu2Cxl8[/youtube]

They are actually a Hoist model, not the same mechanism as Ironmasters:
[youtube]qTCrYu2Cxl8[/youtube]

i just tried googling it and couldnt get much info on 'hoist dumbells'
would u say that they are as reliable as ironmasters?

They could be as reliable as the Ironmasters, but don't know, no long term experience with either product.
The Ironmasters are quicker to change weights.

Best would probably to get a 2nd hand set of the Ironmasters, they come up once in a while.

Otherwise, weigh up the cost vs benefits for either of the new dumbbells.

The way Hulk is changing the plates on those vids they seems to be a fair bit quicker to change than ordinary spinlock dbs. I've got the ordinary type and I can't change them that fast.

My 2 cents.. Cant go past Ironmaster. Lifetime warranty plus they pack up neat in the stand. Proven product.. Drop sets are a bit of a pain, that where you pair them up with the old spinlock dbs.

In 5 years time when your ironmasters are still rocking you won't be thinking of that extra $350.. If you dont have the cash now wait and save and hope for a 2nd hand pair to come up.