• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

0ni

Registered Rustler
White fish and eggs seem to be the bodies preferred source of protein
Fish oil is stupid, adding more PUFA to a diet high in PUFA is dumb
Remove PUFA completely, fish / omega 3 should be your only source
Braising beef mince and then washing it under hot water makes it mainly saturated fat, very little PUFA
Fatty chicken is the worst offender, dem chicken wings ruined my lipids
Most people are deficient in salts. Sodium, potassium and magnesium
Increasing sodium and potassium intake to over 7g daily superhydrates you and removes bloat
A diet high in salt increases hydrochloric acid in the stomach and you digest food 1000x better
Removal of gluten from the diet does decrease the size of the waist in most people
The above is probably also linked to low stomach acid (so address the problem, don't avoid gluten)
Lethargy when dieting is due to decreased salt intake from lower volumes of food
Easy trick is to just add a teapoon of salt to every litre of water you drink
Natural salts are best, table salt has an anti caking agent linked to altzeimers and for some reason I don't get the same results
Himalayan sea salt is in theory the best, some sea salt is chemically washed because of sea pollution (although I never cosmetically saw a difference- it does taste better if you add it to food / water
Potassium sources are spinach, potato and diet salt- again 7g plus
RDA of potassium is 4.5g, who can honestly say they get close to that? Plus you drink more water than most because of training and sweat a lot more- up you're potassium already
Magnesium- don't take ZMA. Spinach is loaded with it and epsom salts are incredibly cheap. Just measure out 1-2g a day and split the dose am/pm. Increase gradually. You'll know if you overdo it- reverse osmosis of the bowel ;)
I don't like eating before I train, I want the blood in the muscles. A scoop of rice flour with a tablespoon of nut butter and cinnamon makes a great shake for pre/during training

Will add more as I think of them
Electrolytes / minerals are the big thing though
Once you have calories and macros nailed, these give a big boost for sure

Finally, no study has detected a benefit accruing to persons consuming <2.3g/day compared to those in consuming 2.5–6.0g/day.[SUP]4[/SUP] This middle range, outside of which, risk of CVD and ACM increase, is also where physiological aberrations begin. At sodium intakes <2.5g/day, plasma renin activity (PRA) increases and mortality increases, while at >6.0g/day, blood pressure rises along with other physiological effects, PRA is suppressed, and mortality rises.

Up to 6.0g/day sodium for a normal person. For a naturally larger bodybuilder who sweats a lot more 7g is probably about right.
interested in how you came to this figure [MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]; trial and error or suggested by someone?

Last edited:
I remember this bottle, It tasted less sweet back then.
more like sweat actually
gatorade_bottle.gif

What white fish do you eat? Please don't say basa lol thats grosse..

Sometimes basa, sometimes whiting, sometimes tilapia, whatever I catch, whatever is cheap in the asian supermarket
If you can afford the $20/kg then get good fish
I can't, I make do.

I have good bloods eating this, bad bloods eating beef and chicken
Take from that what you will