• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rate my diet?

Gauche

Hey guys, I have never paid close attention to my diet but I'm now going to make the effort to planning what I eat a whole lot more. I'm 94kg at 190cm, 22 years and hold only a small amount of fat whilst the rest is muscle. I can eat as much as I want these days and never put on weight...so I do. I would now like to be more controlled on the diet front to show I have the ability to do so when the day comes I want to cut I know I can.

My regular diet:
Breakfast:
1 cup of oats w/light milk, physical (its whats in the house) o homemade yogurt
1/2 unprocessed bran
1/4 cup of cerevite
1 tablespoon of honey
Half a multi V
5 fish oil
2 Dim estrogen metabolism
1 Stinging nettle cap
1 aspirin

Smoko:
2-3 apples
wpi protein shake
1/2 a cup of almonds and cashews

Lunch:
1/2 a roast chicken or leftovers + 6 eggs (1 yolk sometimes 2) or t-bone/y-bone + 6 eggs
4 fish oil
2 Dim estrogen metabolism
1 Stinging nettle cap
1/2 multi v

Afternoon:
Protein shake
apple if I have one left

Pre workout:
1/2 cup of oats and milk

Post workout:
1/2 cup of oats
protein shake

Dinner:
Steak/chicken breast/mince
made into meals with veggies (many colors) and brown rice

Snack:
Nuts before bed
4 zinc caps

Cheat(once a week):
1 small take home pack from cold rock or thai or indian

That's it guys.... What do you think?

My opinion... I'm happy, I'm putting on size very well and my fat doesn't seem to fluctuate to much.

Last edited:
Forgot to say I weights train 3 times a week, football training 2 times and 1 game. Plus I am fairly active at work/own time.

Piss the asprin off it reduces protein syntheisis...

If it works it works however i would like to see more plant based foods in yor diet especially around lunch with olive oil added and maybe move an apple form lunch to breaky. Also dont stick to 1 fruit. Having a mono diet is bad try to mix it up so you are constantly getting nutrients form different fruits and foods.

Other then that good work for doing something positive for yourself.

Remember a high protein and meat diet is very acidic forming for the body we have to coutner act that as best we can with plant based foods (not soy **** soy it can burn in hell)

As an estrogen blocker... Read Fadi's article and thought I would do all four suggestions for a month. It is not in my usual diet and I won't be continuing and ongoing use. Just experimenting. The DIM and nettle has been great. I also only just started on the zinc.

My Vegetables at night are quiet a large amount in all colors. When having left overs for lunch I have veggies obviously but on the days where I eat eggs and meat I generally don't have anything. Sometimes tomatoes. Ill fix that.

Rough estimate on calories anyone?

The thing about the shakes is they are easy and in my job from 12pm onwards I'm flat out trying to get home by 5.

Lifts are getting there. I've been training for two years but have only really started correct programs in the last six months.

1rep
bench 100kg (a year ago that would have been 65)
squat 126kg(only have 126)
deadlift 126kg
shoulder press 65kg (a year ago that was 35)

I didn't do squats or deads until 3 months ago due to lower back/hip problems. So I have made an effort to fix those problems and now my weights climb by 5kg every week on the both of those exercises. I've been doing 5x5 with the occasional set of 20 on those major lifts.

Your only really having 3 meals a day, the rest are snack/pre/post workout. at 94kg, you need 3171 calories per day to maintain muscle/weight. @40% protien, you need 317g of protien to maintain per day, which you are not even close too with this diet. Fadi and most guys on this site would disagree, but i am going from experience (personally and others).

Thanks lkt. Mate if your telling me to eat more I'm a happy man!!! How many calories do you think I'm eating? I haven't had time to work it out yet. Is there a meal plan you can recommend? I was looking at your lifts more.. Very impressive!
Posted via Mobile Device

i have no idea how many your eating and it would take too long to figure it out.

Simply eat 5-6 meals, each with protien, good carbs and good fats.

Like:
1 chicken breast, 1/2 avocado, 50g brown rice, olive oil.

Or

300g Steak, 1/2 potato, vegies, olive oil

Or

6 eggs, olives, chilli, garlic, tomatoe, mushrooms.

Or

2-300g fish, green beans, fennell, orange

You get the picture.

Certainly do mate. I'll get the mrs to modify the shopping list a bit. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Great look forward to it. My girl always eats the same food so I guess she will now be bulking :p
Posted via Mobile Device