• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Raw Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumo

I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on what the totals should be for Raw Elite. After getting some thoughts from Markos and Iron Alliance I had looked around on the Internet and there are a lot of different opinions. By Raw I am thinking of ProRaw standards.

I agree, seems to be lots of different standards.

Do you guys reckon I should collate other results and come up with standards for ProRaw?

I was mindfucked by how low the totals were in the junior division. Reasonable in the opens though.

ProRaw

QUALIFYING STANDARDS

CLASS ELITE MASTER LEVEL 1 LEVEL 2 LEVEL 3 LEVEL 4

80KG 630KG 580KG 530KG 480KG 430KG 380KG

95KG 680KG 630KG 580KG 530KG 480KG 430KG

110KG 730KG 680KG 630KG 580KG 530KG 480KG

110KG+ 780KG 730KG 680KG 630KG 580KG 530KG

For anyone interested

Total has to be achieved in a comp, a total is not a collection of PB gym lifts

I thought I'd get that in before someone thats never competed states "I'm a level 2"

Competition is not for everyone Oliver.

Just understand that lifters dont pay much attention to those who post best gym lifts in their sig

Lifts done over a period, rather than on the same day, really mean nothing.

Few pull a PB after 7 hours of lifting.

Just my opinion

ProRaw

QUALIFYING STANDARDS

CLASS ELITE MASTER LEVEL 1 LEVEL 2 LEVEL 3 LEVEL 4

80KG 630KG 580KG 530KG 480KG 430KG 380KG

95KG 680KG 630KG 580KG 530KG 480KG 430KG

110KG 730KG 680KG 630KG 580KG 530KG 480KG

110KG+ 780KG 730KG 680KG 630KG 580KG 530KG

For anyone interested
good stuff, something to aspire to.

Competition is not for everyone Oliver.

Just understand that lifters dont pay much attention to those who post best gym lifts in their sig

Lifts done over a period, rather than on the same day, really mean nothing.

Few pull a PB after 7 hours of lifting.

Just my opinion

Don't you get motivated etc? Surely it has a better atmosphere than your parents basement.

Of course. But more attention, I would hope, than they pay to those with no lifts at all in their signatures. Let's not forget why we came up with that.

This forum is already very much the PTC Forum now. Fadi hardly ever posts, we get fewer newbies than we used to, etc. I hope it won't become ProRaw - Competitors Only, Everyone Else Fuck Off.
Oliver04 said:
Don't you get motivated etc? Surely it has a better atmosphere than your parents basement.
I would have thought you'd be familiar with the idea of fatigue...?

On topic, why do we need standards labels at all? Can't we just have totals and competition winners?

To answer to your question as to why have standards / labels Kyle it is because there were quite well defined levels/standards for equipped lifting but not for raw style lifting. Standards help put my lifting into context and give me guide posts as to where I am going and objectives to aim for in the future. Totals and winning are fine but they sometimes fail to give you a good yardstick to judge yourself against.

On topic, why do we need standards labels at all? Can't we just have totals and competition winners?

In a federation with no records it gives lifters something to work towards. I'm not going to win the 110+ class unless Gawain breaks both legs (accident or otherwise ;)) but I can work towards a higher total ranking.

Go do 3 squats over 95% then 3 benches over 95% then 3 deadlifts over 95%. Then report back to us about how you felt by the time you got to the deads.

7.fucking.hours. You could watch the lord of the rings extended version. Twice.

from the PTC comps I have lifted in, have been absolutely buggered by the end of the day, as well as the exertion of warming up, lifting 3 singles for 3 (or 5 in the good old days) events, there is also the mental fatigue from the nervous energy/ excitement of competing, which gets draining after a whole day of it.

So yeah, can't really compare gym lifts to comp lifts, although personally, all my pb's have been in comp, but that probably has more to do with the fact I rarely test my 1rm except in the lead up to a comp to sort out openers etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.