• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Raw foods and bodybuilding

I eat most of my food raw, but if I've frozen it I'll look it good. Well rare. Just heat it through and brown slightly. Chicken is fine rare, you just need to cook it pretty slowly. 150 for 60 minutes will have it good and it will still be pink but warm through. Blast it under the grill after to crisp it up

Not sure what difference this is supposed to make, it's not like cooking will change the content of the food
In fact slow cooking something is the best way, pre-digests the meat and all the goodness goes into the broth which you can then drink. Basically no loss at all

There is a reason we evolved to have intelligence and a bigger brain that separated us from other animals and it wasn't raw food.

The raw food diets are another fad, with the theory food is obviously raw naturally so it must be better for you raw. No proof behind it so the nut jobs love to jump on it. Even heard of people munching on raw chicken.

I eat most of my food raw, but if I've frozen it I'll look it good. Well rare. Just heat it through and brown slightly. Chicken is fine rare, you just need to cook it pretty slowly. 150 for 60 minutes will have it good and it will still be pink but warm through. Blast it under the grill after to crisp it up

Not sure what difference this is supposed to make, it's not like cooking will change the content of the food
In fact slow cooking something is the best way, pre-digests the meat and all the goodness goes into the broth which you can then drink. Basically no loss at all

150C for 60 minutes = cooked... not raw

rare is not raw? rare is cooked... :p
slow cooked, cooked till it's pink, cooked till it7s black, cooked so it's still bleating or whatever noise it makes = cooked....

RAW cow, horse, deer etc, all tasty (whale not so much :p)
raw pork an chicken.. hmmm don't like them so much... still prefer cooked a little, even if just mental semantics

I reckon only reason to eat raw meat is for taste.. amino acids gonna be amino acids...

Last edited:
You're just being a homo
I said I eat the vast majority of my food just warmed through and browned apart from the chicken which I slow cook. Why would you focus on the thing that I actually said was the exception? Maximum autism

geez you're a fuckwit sometimes :D

thread is about raw food.. who gives a fuck if you cook most of your food and eat some cooked rare?

warmed through and browned = cooked. slow cooked = cooked...
what part of your cooked food relates to raw food?

you actually said you eat most of your food raw unless it was frozen... and then you cook it
now saying you eat the vast majority cooked??
make up your melon :D

I eat most of my food raw, but if I've frozen it I'll look it good. Well rare. Just heat it through and brown slightly.
I said I eat the vast majority of my food just warmed through and browned apart from the chicken which I slow cook.
warmed through and browned - fuckign cooked LOL

I guess it is your contradicting claims that cause confusion...

next you'll be saying all your food is cooked right through, and none is raw, and next week, cooked to a crisp?? hard to tell...

on topic.. apart from meat, potato and pumpkin (and rice.. duh), I think everything I eat is raw... (unless you count pasteurised milk as being cooked?)
but that's mostly due to laziness :D

Last edited:
perhaps you can find some meta-wank-studies about the definition of "cooked" :D (there I said it.. Meta-studies are a shit excuse for not publishing your own research)
perhaps from oxidation state, or protein denaturing, or cell wall breakdown etc... but...

most dictionaries define "cooking" as follows
To prepare (food) for eating by applying heat
to prepare (food) by the use of heat
be heated so that the state required for eating is reached
to prepare (food) for eating especially by using heat

so "raw" = not heated no?

the raw kids would argue that room temperature is sufficient heating to reach the required state for eating...
but some veges need cooking to assist in nutrient release and digestibility...

Last edited:
To "cook" means to change or alter. Warming does not change the meat in any way shape or form.
What a fucking stupid argument, kill yourself

LOL, you're a feisty youngster :D is that roid rage coming through? :p
cook = warm, applying heat
cutting up = prepare etc...

to what temperature do you warm?
COOKING MEAT TEMPERATURES

40C - 122F/50C --Calpains begin to denature and lose activity till around 40C, cathepsains at 50C. Since enzyme activity increases up to those temperatures, slow cooking can provide a significant aging effect during cooking. Meat should however be quickly seared or blanched first to kill surface microbes.

50°C -- Meat develops a white opacity as heat sensitive myosin denatures. Coagulation produces large enough clumps to scatter light. Red meat turns pink.

R>>>are Meats: 50°C is the early stages of juiciness in meats as the the protein myosin, begins to coagulate . This lends each cell some solidity and the meat some firmness. As the myosin molecules bond to each other they begin to squeeze out water molecules that separated them. Water then collects around the solidifyed protein core and is squeezed out of the cell by connective tissue. At this temperature meat is considered rare and when sliced juices will break through weak spots in the connective tissue

60°C -- Red myoglobin begins to denature into tan colored hemichrome. Meat turns from pink to brown-grey color. -- Meat suddely releases lots of juice, shrinks noticebly, and becomes chewy as a result of collagen denaturing which squeezes out liquids.

>>>Medium -- Well Meats: Collagen shrinks as the meat tmeperature rises to 60C more of the protein coagulates and cells become more seggregated into a solid core and surrounding liquid as the meat gets progressively firmer and moister. At 140-150 the meat suddenly releases lots of juices, shrinks noticeably and becomes chewier as a result of collagen shrinkage. Meat served at this temperature is considered medium and begins to change from juicy to dry.

70°C -- Connective tissue collagen begins to dissolve to gelatin. Melting of collagen starts to accelerate at 70C and continues rapidly up to 180F.

Well Done Slow Cooked Meats: Falling apart tenderness collagen turns to gelatin at 70C. The meat gets dryer, but at 160F the connective tissues containing collagen begins to dissolve into gelatin. With time muscle fibers that had been held tightly together begin to easily spread apart. Although the fibers are still very stiff and dry the meat appears more tender since the gelatins provide succulence.

NOTES: At 140°F changes are caused by the denaturing of collagen in the cells. Meat served at this temperature med-rare is changing from juicy to dry. At 160°F/ 70°C connective tissue collagen begins to dissolve to gelatin. This however is a very lengthy process. The fibers are still stiff and dry but meat seems more tender.
http://www.scienceofcooking.com/meat/slow_cooking1.htm

no change huh?

Last edited: