• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Red Bull and choline

Sandin Face

Hi folks

I compared the ingredients in Red Bull bought from Asian shops (the stubby gold cans, made in Thailand) with the Red Bull sold in "mainstream" shops (thin blue can, made in Austria). They are almost identical, except that the Asian one has Choline (50mg) in it, and the other one doesn't.

What's choline good for? (yes, I've googled it, and even looked it up in my Merck index - what I mean, is what is it practically good for, from the muscle-building point of view), and why is it in one and not the other RB - is it an illegal additive in some jurisdictions? (if so, then it must be good!)

I use a can of RB (Asian) pre- and during workout - I think it helps a bit with energy, but not a huge effect.

Oh, and finally, the RB from the Asian shops is 1/2 or even 1/3 of the price of the other stuff.

Last edited:
It's more of a mental aid, rather than a physical one, marketed at liver function (but not any evidence to support that). You can buy it at most chemists, i think it gets chucked in with some B vitamins but it's not really a viamin. Not illegal in Australia.

It's a neurotransmitter
I take tyrosine and 5-HTP and get great results- these increase neurotransmitters dopamine and serotonin in the body

Unfortunately I didn't get the same effect by choline supplementation. But I have a very high level of B-Vitamins so my choline is probably already pretty high

Why not just use a proper pre workout? Will have a heap less sugar in it, will be cheaper and give you better results/pump.

Yeah get Craze or anything with DMAA although hard to get nowadays.

hhahaha. Thank fuck for stockpile.

AMEN to that!!!! :D

But seriously, I use choline with my piracetam in my preworkout stack these days too, and I get serious mental focus, like all the cues I need for a particular exercise just springing up into my mind just when I need it, like a braingasm.

I don't think that much sugar is good at any time... You can get energy from much better sources than sugar

AMEN to that!!!! :D

But seriously, I use choline with my piracetam in my preworkout stack these days too, and I get serious mental focus, like all the cues I need for a particular exercise just springing up into my mind just when I need it, like a braingasm.

I get this with noopept
It's like everything dials in and I legit believe it makes me smarter. I notice things instantly

i might try it, although not sure how much smarter i cam get though :p

If you fail to get some, you're pretty much just admitting to the world you don't give a fuck how stupid you might appear to the people around you when you open your mouth. :D

+1
though some haven't kept so well - clumping

though the worst mix for clumping/one solid lump ever is bn's electrolytes
taste like crap

+1
though some haven't kept so well - clumping

though the worst mix for clumping/one solid lump ever is bn's electrolytes
taste like crap

Let me guess, you left it in the bag?
It's salt, what do you expect :D

How else would you store it then? Put it in a plastic tub, clumps up even worse! Might have to invest in one of those dehydrator machine thingy.