• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

RIP - The Ultimate Warrior

Ultimate Warrior dead

[h=1]WWE wrestling icon The Ultimate Warrior, born James Brian Hellwig, dead at 54, just days after epic WrestleMania speech[/h]
IT MADE your spine chill, your pulse quicken and your heart beat a little quicker. Three nights ago at WrestleMania, the biggest event in the world of American pro wrestling, ‘80s and ‘90s wrestling icon The Ultimate Warrior entered an arena packed with fans chanting his name.
Today he is dead, the victim, it appears, of a heart that suddenly stopped beating.
The sporting world is shocked. While pro wrestling is regarded by many with a raised eyebrow and a question mark as to whether it’s even a real sport, others happily take it for what it is – an irresistible package of brutality and theatre.
In that theatre, few were bigger than The Ultimate Warrior, or as he later simply came to be known, “Warrior”.
Born James Brian Hellwig, Warrior lived up the “hell” part of his name, but not the “wig”, which is more than you can say for some of his showier wrestling colleagues and rivals.
Known for his facepaint which appeared to pay homage to warrior cultures like the Maori, Warrior was an icon to the average American. His sport might be staged but Warrior had a realness about him. People related to him.
If anyone else had knocked Hulk Hogan from his perch, as Warrior did way back at WrestleMania VI, there would have been a riot. When Warrior did it, it seemed like a natural transition of power, that all was well in the crazy WWE universe.

Warrior attended WrestleMania three days ago, just before his induction into the WWE Hall Of Fame – a long overdue honour in the eyes of most fans. After a trademark snort or two, he gave a stirring speech from the ring, which turned out to be tragically prophetic.
“No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own,” he thundered in his familiar rasp.
“Every man’s heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath, and if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit will be immortalised…”
Three days later, his heart did indeed beat that final beat. WWE issued the following message:
“WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior.
“Warrior began his WWE career in 1987 and quickly went on to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history. Warrior became WWE Champion at WrestleMania VI, defeating Hulk Hogan in an epic encounter.
“We are grateful that just days ago, Warrior had the opportunity to take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame and was also able to appear at WrestleMania 30 and Monday Night Raw to address his legions of fans. WWE sends its sincere condolences to Warrior’s family, friends and fans.
“Warrior was 54 and is survived by his wife Dana and his two daughters.”
Other wrestlers have been quick to offer their condolences today.

"Today he is dead, the victim, it appears, of a heart that suddenly stopped beating"

Oh really!?

One who prepares himself by asking "How should I prepare myself? Should I jump off the tallest building in the world, should I lay in the lawn and let lawnmowers run over me, should I go to Africa and be trampled by raging elephants!"

One who prepares himself by asking "How should I prepare myself? Should I jump off the tallest building in the world, should I lay in the lawn and let lawnmowers run over me, should I go to Africa and be trampled by raging elephants!"

Do not drink and post