• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sacroiliac joint injury(si joint injury)!!!!!!

T

Tjmacro

I've ingured my si joint deadlIfting 3.5 months ago. MRI, no disc problem. Physio diagnosed me. I haven't stepped foot in the gym since until I can fix this. My question is, how bad was your injury? Did it effect ur daily life? What did u do to rehab it? How long did it take you to get back to normal? I know these are a lot of questions, but I've been very anxious these days.

I've done both mine a few times, psoas muscle at the SI joint I think
I just did whatever could in all honesty. Benching with an arch was impossible so I just used a slight incline. Squatting was on and off but I did a lot of front squatting. If deadlifting was bad I switched to sumo deadlifts for a while

Thank you for sharing you experience bro. Any others?? Any success strories out there

Bump

Did you find out what was actually wrong with it?
The problem won't be with the joint itself, it will be one of the muscles that attached to it. If it's a hip flexor then you'll be good to go. If it's something like an erector then your training will be vastly different

Well most of the discomfort is manly in the glutal area,so I'm guessing it's a hip flexor issue. Right now the PT has me doing core strengthening and stablizing excersizes. I'm on my tenth day, no real improvement.

Well most of the discomfort is manly in the glutal area,so I'm guessing it's a hip flexor issue. Right now the PT has me doing core strengthening and stablizing excersizes. I'm on my tenth day, no real improvement.

What qualifications and or experience does your PT have in advising on exercises for this type of injury?

What qualifications and or experience does your PT have in advising on exercises for this type of injury?
I have not asked him about his qualification. However, he does have knowledge in the mechanics of weight lifting. I've always suspected that I had an si issue, and he's the only one of all the PT who actually tested for it and diagnosed it without me telling he about it.

Your putting a lot of faith in some one without knowing their quals. You may be making the injury worse?

Ive done my left SI, deadlift 220kg.

Unless you bolt it back together, there is little you can do.

Manage it, get stronger.

Well most of the discomfort is manly in the glutal area,so I'm guessing it's a hip flexor issue.

Perhaps start with learning some basic anatomy about the area to get a better idea of what you are talking about. None of your "hip flexors" attach or originate at your SIJ. Having said that your iliacus can have a pretty big effect on the way your SIJ opens and shuts under load.
Id be looking for at some of your deeps external rotators like piriformis and GOGO muscles initially.

Long story short, go and see someone who has experience dealing with this sort of thing and that can do a proper assessment of your hips and SIJ during hip flexion and support.

Your putting a lot of faith in some one without knowing their quals. You may be making the injury worse?

The hospital I get treated at is one of the best in the region. But you are right, the PT is not experienced in treating powerlifters. At the moment this is the only thing that is available to me. I will stick it out for month and see if there will be any improvement. At the moment, my condition is neither getting better or worse.

Ive done my left SI, deadlift 220kg.

Unless you bolt it back together, there is little you can do.

Manage it, get stronger.

I was actually waiting for your input sticky. Thank you for replying.
What was your experience with this injury?

I have issues with the muscles round the SI joint twisting my pelvis... stretch roll and make it stronger are the only options..

My bro in law had so many issues they did an ITB release surgery on him.

I was actually waiting for your input sticky. Thank you for replying.
What was your experience with this injury?

I was lopsided on a heavy reverse band DL, and felt a click.

The rested for a while, then pulled a new PB of 220kg, and it popped, was in bed for 3 days.

It pops on average once a year, puts me out for a couple of days.

I worked on flexible hamstrings, hip flexors and technique.

I have since pulled 318kg, no belt.

The rested for a while, then pulled a new PB of 220kg, and it popped, was in bed for 3 days.

So did you seek professional help for it? If so what type of practitioner did you go to? Also, how long did it take you to rehab the si injuries you have experienced?

There is nothing yoy can do for it mate, you just need to mobilize, strengthen and have good technique.

Most PT's won't teach good technique, so go and find a proper coach.

I hurt mine in the exact same way
Interestingly I found deadlifting without a belt far better and every time I've hurt it I've been wearing a belt