• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Scott Mendelson - Pec tear

Saw this on instagram. NFI how to save the image. Pretty gross. Worse than Stickys tear.

Would depend on how bad the tear is, but the probably looks much nastier than it is, not to say it isn't nasty.

A mate of mine did a pec tear. Pretty nasty. The recovery is LONG. Its like a knee recon for your chest. 6-12 months recovery is standard

I've torn both pecs.
The first was longer, wider and deeper than most peoples thumbs.
Benching a broom stick a week later, benched 135 4 weeks later, benched an all time PR 16 weeks later.

Good physio's and sports doctors make the world of difference.

did you have them re-attached?? thats a huge effort

I've torn both pecs.
The first was longer, wider and deeper than most peoples thumbs.
Benching a broom stick a week later, benched 135 4 weeks later, benched an all time PR 16 weeks later.

Good physio's and sports doctors make the world of difference.

No, it was a muscle tear, not tendon.

Stitching of muscle is very rare.

ok. Yeh my mate had his re-attached. Probably why it took ages to heal. Plus in a contact sport your moving in many more directions with arms and shoulders. You did well mate!

did anyone notice the advert for Staples halfway through the video?

Oooooooh man!!! You're so right. I'm totally freaking out!!!!!

844_076.jpg

Not sarcasm. I thought it was funny, and slightly freaky, that there, in the middle of the vid, is an audio add for the office supply place, Staples. It's in the US and Canada. Staples. Right? That's what they do to torn tendons.

A stoner moment. And I don't mean Casey.