• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sedentry Work and Cutting

Snoochies

Any tips for cutting whilst working a sedentary job?

I'm currently 100.8kg and my weight loss has stalled the last 2 weeks.

Had been having 2250cal with correct p/f/c and brought on a 3 kilo weight loss so far.

Previosuly I had tried 2500 cals but gained weight.

How does a sedentary lifestyle effect a persons ability to cut? I would presume my maintenance level would be lower than the normal person and have heard that the body pretty much shuts down, not sure if that's true.

Any office workers successfully cut before?

I'm also an endomorph, my body seems to have alove affair with keeping fat.

Cheers

I used to be a labourer and found it much easier to lose weight. 3000 calories a day then would help me lose a kilo per week.

Now sit on ass most of the day, I lose weight slowly on 2500 calories a day, but also add walking on days off (0.30-60m a day). Now lose about 0.5 kilos per week.

Higher the calories you can lose weight on the better, as to keep nitrogen levels high; this key. Also keep your protein intake high; now more important when losing weight.

Lower the calories needed to lose weight, more risk of muscle loss as you lose theweight.

I am an office guy. Took a while of guinea pigging but found that 2300 cals is where its at for me when cutting (cutting from 78 down to 75 over 4 weeks right now); I stick with 40% protein each day, cycle carbs and adjust fat ratio accordingly. I then adjust the calories back up based on the cardio I do (generally do 1 20 minute HIIT session per week and 2 x 45-60 minute LISS sessions). Took me a while of messing around to lock this all down but it works well for me now.

Just have a play around and find what works best for you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I was an office worker before and able to cut weight no problem. Diet is key obviously and you will have a lower TDEE than someone in an active job. Options are to lower the cals a bit or increase activity outside of work. Do a little cardio, your muscles won't fall off as long as you are still doing resistance training, getting enough protein and don't have a massive calorie deficit.

^ this

Be more active, go for a brisk walk every day in your lunch hour then go for another brisk walk after dinner

What does your workout routine look like?

Do full body workouts (not something like SS)
Keep rest times between sets short (30-45 sec) and a minimum of 8 reps per set or more
Eat after your workout, not before.

Last edited:
Do full body workouts (not something like SS)
Keep rest times between sets short (30-45 sec) and a minimum of 8 reps per set or more
Eat after your workout, not before.

Darkoz what do you reckon about doing

100x6,6,6,6,6 with 1:30-1:45 breaks. If 100x10 is my max.

The above rep/set workout is really hard. I feel like it gives me a good amount of work without being too light. I do 3 sets of dips to failure (higher reps) afterwards, and also do some shoulder work (military press and laterals).

Darkoz what do you reckon about doing

100x6,6,6,6,6 with 1:30-1:45 breaks. If 100x10 is my max.

The above rep/set workout is really hard. I feel like it gives me a good amount of work without being too light. I do 3 sets of dips to failure (higher reps) afterwards, and also do some shoulder work (military press and laterals).

Not really sure what you want me to comment about Joe
If you can do 100x10 then I would increase the weight

Any tips for cutting whilst working a sedentary job?

I'm currently 100.8kg and my weight loss has stalled the last 2 weeks.

Had been having 2250cal with correct p/f/c and brought on a 3 kilo weight loss so far.

Previosuly I had tried 2500 cals but gained weight.

How does a sedentary lifestyle effect a persons ability to cut? I would presume my maintenance level would be lower than the normal person and have heard that the body pretty much shuts down, not sure if that's true.

Any office workers successfully cut before?

I'm also an endomorph, my body seems to have alove affair with keeping fat.

Cheers

How often do you squat!

Twice a week. Doing Starting Strength purely because I love it. Am doing the main lifts still but found squatting 3 times on a cut was too draining. Am happy with twice a week.

Seems some cardio is needed. Use to box a bit so might hit that again with some jump rope and add in some sprints another day. I hate slow long runs or walks.

Twice a week. Doing Starting Strength purely because I love it. Am doing the main lifts still but found squatting 3 times on a cut was too draining. Am happy with twice a week.

Seems some cardio is needed. Use to box a bit so might hit that again with some jump rope and add in some sprints another day. I hate slow long runs or walks.

If your squatting Twice a week then your not doing starting strength...

Try deload and try squatting 3 days a week on current macros...

If your squatting Twice a week then your not doing starting strength...

Try deload and try squatting 3 days a week on current macros...

I'm skipping squats on bench days so yeah techniquely it's not SS. I'm happy with how it's working out. Rather 2 strong squat sessions instead of 3 weak ones.

Yeah I got with the boxing or skipping etc. Great tools those.

Nazzy what do you mean by deload? Theres no way he would need a deload...

Tim.