• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shoes for squats, deads etc

Mickdog

What shoes should I wear? I'm currently just wearing my runners but I would think that stability might be an issue. What shoes should I buy for lifting? Preferably cheap

weightlifting shoes (check out aussie kettlebells, queensland weightlifting association and underground strengths models) theyre not expensive.

weightlifting shoes (check out aussie kettlebells, queensland weightlifting association and underground strengths models) theyre not expensive.

Kind of figured that. Just wanted to know what people use and if they had any other ideas. Thanks mate, i'll get some prices

I wear converse and a lot of other people wear dunlop volleys but those of us who do squat in a particular style (lowbar) and can get away with them.

I used to wear chucks, but I prefer my Do-wins. They are a bit pricey now though so maybe give the ones from queensland weightlifting or underground a shot.

I use these, cheap as chupps, think they were around $25-$30. Haven't been wearing them last few weeks though. When the weather gets a bit warmer i go barefoot.

dunlop-volley-large.jpg

I wear Chucks cos they're relatively cheap and I already use them as a casual shoe so whenever they start getting a bit too beat-up I immediately relegate them to a lifting shoe and buy a new pair.

I either wear volleys or if the gym permits barefeet/socks to squat and deadlift.

If I'm doing jumping exercises I'll wear X-trainers just for a bit more ankle support.

I squatted 130 x 5 a few weeks ago in my runners, it felt really heavy, uncomfortable and bouncy.
This thursday I bought a pair of do-wins, squatted 150 that night and it felt really comfortable and solid as a rock. Never wearing runners again

Sorry if there is a topic on this already around but where are you guys buying your Do-Wins from? Aus kettlebells? Anywhere else?

adidas ironwork 3's for squats and deadlifts. there is alot of argument between flats vs oli shoes for deads. each to their own i say. i love the ironworks, very solid, stable, no flex etc. gotta get em from the US. let me know if you want a url.

mick