• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Should i have another rest day?

kindred

started doing one day on one day off but have a few strained muscles so was thinking :

1 day weights
1 day cardio
1 day rest
then repeat

does that sound better or is there something bad about it?

Why do you want to do so much cardio? You are bulking right? 2or 3 20 minute sessions per week is sufficient and you can do it after your workout if energy permits.

started doing one day on one day off but have a few strained muscles so was thinking :

1 day weights
1 day cardio
1 day rest
then repeat

does that sound better or is there something bad about it?

When I said only do some light cardio on your day off, I meant really light - just something to warm up the legs and arms and get the blood flowing a little to stretch them out and relieve some of the soreness from the heavy lifts the day before - not a 20-30 min session on the bike at full speed or anything. Your day off is YOUR DAY OFF - If you feel stiff, then do some very very very very light cardio, or just some active stretches, but try to do nothing.

If your hurting yourself then you are either

a) lifting incorrectly
b) lifting too much weight which generally causes a)

<rant>
You really need to do some research and pick a program and stick to it. All you seem to post is "how should I change what I'm doing today". A few of us have given you advice to this effect - do compound exercises 3-4 days a week - drop the isolation exercises. Rest either each alternate day or rest after each workout for a day and rest for two days at the end of the week. If you are trying to bulk up only do some light cardio perhaps 15mins after your workout and only stretches and warming up on any off day - maximum. Eat big, sleep well, follow a program with reasonably linear progression and stick to it.

If you post tomorrow with the same s*%t saying I did blah (which is not what anyone told you to do) and I'm hurting or I'm not getting the gains I think I should, then tough. I hope for your sake others aren't giving up on you - but I am. You don't listen - you just slightly modify something every workout, and complain that its not working and say well perhaps I should do 'this' which is completely the opposite of what everyone KEEPS TELLING YOU.

Let me reiterate for those that are slow to learn or don't listen (you)

Compound lifts
No isolation exercises - NONE, ABSOLUTELY NONE
3-4 days a week
Rest the day after you workout and try to have perhaps two days off in a row from time to time.
Eat well
Do at least a couple of warmup sets with low weight - perhaps the bar 1x8 - then 1x3x40% then 1x3x70% then do your work sets 3x8 5x5 what ever - this is for EVERY lift type you do unless you do something that works a similar area in the same workout - ie squats + deads.
If you can't lift it with really good form then its NOT a rep, you missed it and should consider it a missed rep even if you forced it out with bad form.
Lift more weight (or perhaps less considering your obviously hurting yourself) with good form for less reps adding weight at least every week and possibly every workout (in small increments) until you can do 1.3-1.5x body weight in the squat - then re-evaluate your program, no sooner.

I hate getting angry - but right now I want to reach into the screen pull you through and smash your head into the table screaming WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN TO ANYONE YOU STUPID BASTARD.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

and I'm done

</rant>

Now I need a shower