• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Simple Chicken Recipes

Kapow

Hey guys,

what are your simple and easy chicken breasts recipes? I got school 4 days a week with pretty long hours and need some variety in my food besides packing tuna so I need some suggestions so post them up :)

Thanks

Grab some kilos of chicken breast, and mix some olive oil, oregano, smoked paprika and morrocan spice together. Put a light coat on the chicken and then cook. Tastes amazing.

Thanks mike, ill def put that in for my next shopping list this week

@ hyjak, yeah im just wondering what spices and ingredients you guys use

i tend to use:

- Moroccan spice
- lemon pepper
- basil
- oregano
- real lemon & chili

most of the time now though i poach my chicken for salads and sandwiches/wraps.

boil some water in a large pot, throw in chicken breast for 7-8 minutes then turn off heat and leave for 15-17 minutes, remove and sit for 5 minutes. succulent, juicy chicken every time.

i'll do a kg on sunday night and slice it up as i need it through the week, it should last you about 5 days in the fridge.

Last edited:
1. Walk into supermarket
2. Purchase Large Roast Chicken
3. Open package
4. Eat (mind the bones)

Done, easy, tasty and if you come in at night time cheap too.

Ah, the cookups I used to do. I used to cook 20 meals at once and pre pack them. This was 5-6 years ago. I was a lot more serious then. I still lift heavy, though.

I'll try dig up some of the recipes I had, when it comes to bodybuilding, the dietary variations for chicken... well.. ;)

boil some water in a large pot, throw in chicken breast for 7-8 minutes then turn off heat and leave for 15-17 minutes, remove and sit for 5 minutes. succulent, juicy chicken every time.
I tried this method last night, terrible, it was as dry as a desert... :(
Posted via Mobile Device

serious?? it always comes out good for me. how big were the chicken breasts? also were they fresh or frozen? they must be fresh, i did try it with frozen ones once and they came out tough

They were 2x 250g fresh ones, thrown in whole.

Directions seemed simple enough, serious though, very dry.

I nearly don't wanna try it again.
Posted via Mobile Device

hmm well i guess if you do try it again, shorten the cooking times by a couple of minutes. if they were dry i can only imagine they were overcooked. i got that recipe from a Donna Hay magazine lol

lol yeah i tried it earlier today as well and it came out very dry like morgan said lol ill try it again tomorrow and keep testing cooking times.

Very valid point Dave but I think I know what the problem is now. When the water in the pot boils lower the heat and bring the water down to a simmer and then add chicken for required time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Grab some kilos of chicken breast, and mix some olive oil, oregano, smoked paprika and morrocan spice together. Put a light coat on the chicken and then cook. Tastes amazing.

Just did that now, though I'm marinating it overnight... Smells damn good though so I think it will be pretty nice ;)

Cheers gareer
Posted via Mobile Device

I use some season all spice with some olive oil and just fry up 2-3kgs chopped up into medium sized chunks. currently I have been eating them with bbq sauce so its like having chicken nuggets :D.

I tried some nandos marinate but it was abit boring.

1. Walk into supermarket
2. Purchase Large Roast Chicken
3. Open package
4. Eat (mind the bones)

Done, easy, tasty and if you come in at night time cheap too.

This is what I do for lunch at work a lot. Always get comments from other people saying how nice it smells too haha.

Low carb one here:

1. roast chicken
2. pre cut bag mixed stir fry vegies (use as many as you want)
3. add coconut oil, or nuts
4. cook... only need mins here
5. add your favourite spices, I do chilli and moroccan
6. put on plate with dollop of cream cheese OR greek yoghurt, mix and enjoy