• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Skimmed (low fat) Cottage Cheese!

Surfing_NL

Dear readers,

Im from Holland, and going to study abroad.
In Hollands its kind of a habbit to eat fat free (skimmed) Cottage cheese.
Avarage Nutrition value
Carbohydrates: 2.5
Protein: 9.5
Fat: 0,1

One simple question, is this kind of product available in Australia/NewZealand??

Cheers

Thank you for the reply!

I gues I wasnt clear enough. Heres an update from my previous question.

Where can you buy such a product.
Iv read alot of comments and the fat free cottage cheese wasnt available until the end of 2010.

Whats the product cald (And where to buy), what are the nutrition values and what is the price.

Cheers

woolworths cottage cheese 250g or 1 cup
220cals
11g Carbs
6g fat
29g protein

About $3.00AU for 500g.

Thank you for the reply.

The problem is that the woolsworth isnt fatfree. So if you eat 500 gram (The regular amount here) you get 12 grams of fat. Thats pretty grap. You also get 22 grams of carbs. Thats alot more then usual.

Are these values for 250 gram?

Cheers

woolworths cottage cheese 250g or 1 cup
220cals
11g Carbs
6g fat
29g protein

About $3.00AU for 500g.

This stuff is fantastic. I am eating some right now and eat half a tub (250g) every night just before bed with some fruit. Keeps my muscles getting proteined up all night long :).

EDIT: Oh, I noticed last weekend that Coles also has a homebrand version for the same price. I do most of my shopping at Coles but was making special trips to Woolies for this so now it makes life easier for me.

I tried some of the Coles branded Cottage Cheese. It is not a light variety which the Woolworths one is so has more fat. In terms of taste, I found it to be a lot saltier. I eat half a tub (250g) each night with some fruit - normally a banana or some blueberries - and the saltiness did detract from the overall enjoyability of the meal.

You can get Bulla low fat. It has about the same as the the Woolworths brand (probably is the same stuff).
Cottage500g1.jpg

The South Australian brand B-D Farm has cottage cheese (quark) which is basically what you are used to. It's fairly common here in SA. You might have to look a bit harder interstate. :: b.-d. Farm Paris Creek - South Australia - Home ::
Per 100g
Protein: 14.8g
Carbs: 5.4g
Fat: 0.2g
Sodium: 0.039g
Energy: 350Kj

Edit: I should probably also mention that the healthfood stores are a good place to start. More expensive than supermarkets but you are more likely to find quality local quark/cottage cheese.

Last edited:
Dear people,

I like the BD Farm Quark, I might consider moving to an area where they sell that one!
Hopefylly they dont quit producting the product.

Cheers

What? You want to move to South Australia just for the cottage cheese. Dude, you mad????

What? You want to move to South Australia just for the cottage cheese. Dude, you mad????

Nah, not just for.. I have to choose between sydney and aelaide. I already made my choice for adelate sine that city is much smaller and clarifying for foreigners.
I mean, men how do I ever going to find my way in sydney.

Besides that, Iv heard that overall adelaide is a christian place. I believe myself so I think this is the best place for me.

Next to that sydney is waaaayyy more expensive then adelaide (Looking to collage and cost of living.

Cheers