• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

gmmm1985

Off to doctor today to quit smoking again. think I'm up to my 12th attempt now. has anyone found going to gym helped them quit. what helped you quit.

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
I've seen a guy at our gym chuff away at a fag or two at the entrance, then comes in afterwards to hop on a treadmill for a couple of minutes, bang out some reps on dumb bells, then leave. I never understood the logic of that. Unsurprisingly, he lasted about a week never to be seen again.

White_Lie

Look at Moi, I'm a Kunce
Hypnosis
Know 3 people that have quit this way, all after going down the champex (or however you spell it) route. Most of them were extremely sceptical too but all went cold turkey afterwards

Neddysmith

Standard kunce
Yeah another one for Hypnosis, a friend of mine did it about 4 or 5yrs ago and worked straight away.

vonfram88

Off to doctor today to quit smoking again. think I'm up to my 12th attempt now. has anyone found going to gym helped them quit. what helped you quit.

Go and visit the oncology ward at a hospital. If the skeletal cancer ridden smokers in there aren't enough to scare you off the fags then keep puffing away. One day you too can achieve that outcome.

M@YHEM

I didn't want to be a smoking Dad. Quit about 4 years ago when my wife was preggas with our first. Cold turkey. The only way to quit is to want to quit. Man up fight the cravings. Giving in is for the weak hearted and weak minded.

Edit: had smoked for nearly 12 years prior to that.

gmmm1985

Go and visit the oncology ward at a hospital. If the skeletal cancer ridden smokers in there aren't enough to scare you off the fags then keep puffing away. One day you too can achieve that outcome.

I'm sorry is that supportive or degrading? The final ppart or ur comment to me wasn't called for

vonfram88

I'm sorry is that supportive or degrading? The final ppart or ur comment to me wasn't called for

Neither. Stand around the waiting area for the oncology ward after someones beloved has slowly suffocated to death well before their time and take a mental snapshot of the faces of the bereaved family.

Should be motivating enough for most people.

gmmm1985

Neither. Stand around the waiting area for the oncology ward after someones beloved has slowly suffocated to death well before their time and take a mental snapshot of the faces of the bereaved family.

Should be motivating enough for most people.[/

QUOTE]

so uve never quit smoking but yet u wish to act like this when someone is clearly trying . Sorry for asking members who have had this experience

vonfram88

That may be the case but I'm still trying. so vonfram88 post wasn't called for. it wasn't helpful n degrading

You will struggle to find compassion for self inflicted harm around these parts. It's a bodybuilding forum and many here are waging their own battles with dismorphia, vanity and anger management. Smoking is just plain silly so snap out of it.

I'm writing you a prescription for a stiff uppercut to be self administered twice daily until your dependency on life limiting products is cured.

myst

You will struggle to find compassion for self inflicted harm around these parts. It's a bodybuilding forum and many here are waging their own battles with dismorphia, vanity and anger management. Smoking is just plain silly so snap out of it.

I'm writing you a prescription for a stiff uppercut to be self administered twice daily until your dependency on life limiting products is cured.

Exactly.

aljada

Evidence shows that nothing makes quitting certain. Regular support from any source is the thing that increases the chances of quitting the best. Hypnotherapy or acupuncture and so on don't have any advantage in and of themselves, but regular appointments are a source of support.

Depending where you live, there should be a service somewhere near you who who have smoking cessation nurses. Get yourself linked in with such a service if you can.

Champix has some good evidence in aiding with stopping cravings, but you still have to want to quit.

gmmm1985

Maybe I'm better off not asking about others experienced at quitting. as some ppl view it as a chance to attack others

gmmm1985

All i know is I'm going keep trying till i succed in my goal to quit smoking for good all the negativity shown by some members here shows why ppl don't ask for help or advice.

vonfram88

all the negativity shown by some members here shows why ppl don't ask for help or advice.

Do you even cut?

d91d433efb58f13314082b2ece95b3df_zps1cf91a13.jpg

Big Mick

"2014 - Kunce of the year"
Vonfram88 is spot on, stop making excuses and don't buy another pack of smokes, not that hard a task, you actually have to do less.

It's a choice you make, so make a choice not to do it.

Nothing degrading in any of his comments he simple presented the facts of the matter, I am guessing your a bit precious about it as you don't like facing the reality of your future, and the choices you make, but there is no magic cure, just don't light up another smoke. It's no one else fault, and it is what it is.