• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Steroids and potential benefits for injuries

El Testicle

Goat that feeling
Kia Ora everybody,

While this is kind of a 'first time cycle - give me your thoughts' thread ; I am specifically looking to have some queries answered regarding Deca, it's use for joint mobility and tendon strengthening and potential sides when used on it's own or with Test-E as suggested by most.

Brief background - I've never used oil in my 15+ years of training and have just had a go hard and go home kind of attitude instilled in me since day 1.

While this is still my motto, I am no longer 20yo and have steadily seen the range of motion in my shoulders in particular, get limited over time i.e. I can no longer do one of my favourite exercises - weighted dips.

Recently done my back - BAD. Out for 2 months, but (luckily according to my physio) it helped identify this nagging shoulder injury i've had steadily get worse, particularly since my 34th b'day recently.

Supra-Spinatus has a tear apparently. So what do i do - get on the net and google : injured shoulders. I know all injuries are different but seeing guys go on about being out for up to a year?! Fk that :mad:

A p.t. at the gym suggested Deca for it's beneficial properties for tendons - in his words 'Deca for 4 weeks and you'll be gtg' ... After doing some more research I think this was a little cavalier at best.

I know I need Test-E to offset the suppresive nature of Deca, but my queries are these :

* I understand Test-E can actually hinder tendon health as i have learnt? How much does this off-set any help i may get for my shoulder from the Deca?

* I am vain fulla. I am already on Proscar (Finasta actually - same diff). I understand that this is of benefit while on a Test-E only cycle, but it's effectiveness will be quite diminished from the Deca - if not counter-productive?

Because of these contradictions to my situation and my initial cause for investigating the use of oil I will most likely just have to wait for time to do it's course... If it's looking like anything longer than another couple of months of doing b.s. cardio and light as weights - so be it.

To summarise the ramblings - What would you do? (I'm looking to the experienced big rigs here)

Would you recommend doing a deca/Test-E as a 1st cycle although I'm an oil virgin?

If so, would it be recommended to start getting the joint mobile - albeit lightly at first after the Deca becomes active?

Or am i just wasting time/money and should just leave the damn thing alone for 'as long as it take' ... as much as it shits me? :mad: :confused:

For the shoulder See physio or a medical proffesional for advice is what I would do...

PT suggesting a deca cycle??? Pretty poor form imo....

However your choice if your looking to get jacked...

Nandrolone is not what you want
I swear people think it's some magic drug
The study demonstrating it's ability for collagen synthesis was 50mg every 3 weeks in post menopausal women.
There are far better ways to treat injuries that don't involve taking terrible drugs like nandrolone

@Nazzy... Yeah ; been there mate. Acupuncture, multiple physios... Even had more poor old doc putting some kind of freaky heat lamp on it for a couple of sessions - to no avail.

@Oni, interesting to know. I've never been an advocate for juice, but the more i do my research, the more i'm learning there's a real science behind it all.

It's looking like time alone is the thing that will be best for my dodgy shoulder, and after that as Nazzy says - I'll look to get jacked ;-)

Isn't PRP mainly IGF-1?

I'm not 100% sure

But according to wiki

Components

The efficacy of certain growth factors in healing various injuries and the concentrations of these growth factors found within PRP are the theoretical basis for the use of PRP in tissue repair.[1] The platelets collected in PRP are activated by the addition of thrombin and calcium chloride, which induces the release of these factors from alpha granules. The growth factors and other cytokines present in PRP include:[1][2]

platelet-derived growth factor
transforming growth factor beta
fibroblast growth factor
insulin-like growth factor 1
insulin-like growth factor 2
vascular endothelial growth factor
epidermal growth factor
Interleukin 8
keratinocyte growth factor
connective tissue growth factor

Looked at the source material and it is pretty hard to tell the composition still without buying the full paper
Looks like it works well though

Looked at the source material and it is pretty hard to tell the composition still without buying the full paper
Looks like it works well though

It will fucken want to. It's not cheap.

Probably would be cheaper and more effective to get on PEDs of some sort but I have no interest or idea what I would be doing there.

Deca was like CRC on my shoulder joint(s), kept me training like a 20yo & all joints could not have felt more lubed if I drilled in grease nipples.
Blew me up like a toad though. (keep in mind I slacked off the diet a the same time)

Deca was like CRC on my shoulder joint(s), kept me training like a 20yo & all joints could not have felt more lubed if I drilled in grease nipples.
Blew me up like a toad though. (keep in mind I slacked off the diet a the same time)

You would've had with Test?

Were you trying to cut instead?

Yes, Sus250 (would have contributed to the toad look)

Wasnt cutting, mormally maintain a high protein diet but the taste of bolognese sauce got the best of me at the time, just a little too much.
My face blew up very quickly, found I had had to be very strict on my diet or I would look like a bulldog in a matter of 2 weeks.

Yes, Sus250 (would have contributed to the toad look)

Wasnt cutting, mormally maintain a high protein diet but the taste of bolognese sauce got the best of me at the time, just a little too much.
My face blew up very quickly, found I had had to be very strict on my diet or I would look like a bulldog in a matter of 2 weeks.

:D ... Some chicks dig the puffy look mate... I know it doesn't take much for me to blow up, but i know it's not a good feeling to have all the time.

Thymosin Beta 4 (TB-500) is good for injuries

Pardon my ignorance... I flicked across to your website and the studies I skimmed through for the above showed favourable results for diabetic mice? ... Was I reading this right?

Just trying to see how this ties in with my bastard shoulder?

Also, I believe a good point was raised on another thread - to clarify ; you're customers here in Australia have no trouble whatsoever getting their 'gear' through customs. I'm assuming that this is because your product is not what we would call true to form HGH?

Legal or not, no-one wants un-necesary attention brought to themselves.

:D ... Some chicks dig the puffy look mate... I know it doesn't take much for me to blow up, but i know it's not a good feeling to have all the time.

Some love it mate, especially when the look includes: no neck, big gut, bold nut and small cock.
i just cant find where they hang out :mad: