• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Subway Bacon and Egg $5 Foot Long Sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Timguyperson

What do you guys think of these?

They are cheap and apparantly according to the web site they have 60g of protein 50g fat 100g carb.

That's a decent start to the day I think?

I got 3 kfc wicked wings with it as well. 1 serve is supposed to be 30.4g fat, 17.5g pro, 45.9g carbs. 1 serve=192grams. But how many wicked wings is that?

Anyway I think 3 wings is about 1.5 serves, that is if a wing weighs around 100grams (not sure with that). So anyway that's 26g pro, 69g carb, 46g fat.

So for breakfast today I had 86g pro, 169g carb, 96g fat. That is if all the nutritional info they supply is correct.

That's an okay start to the day isn't it?

(btw I need about 4000 cal a day)

I need the fat.

I lost 1kg last week because I was only having 3 meals a day.

I think that is not a great breakfast myself. There would be a fair hit of saturated fat right? If you want to simply gain more mass then gaining fat will definitely get that 1kg back for you.

I have a shake in the morning that has 500ml milk, 1 large banana, 100g oats, 1.5 scoops protein and a TBLSP of Honey. It has about 1000 cals so it is a great start and also contains 80g protein with alot less carbs and fats than what you are having.

I know Fadi would have something to say about the fat though and possibly not needing to lower it at all.

Last edited:
I need the fat.

I lost 1kg last week because I was only having 3 meals a day.

eat 2 of them then.

or better yet, like josh gtir said, make a shake. i have one each morning that has 500ml milk, scoop natural peanut butter, 1 banana and 1-2 scoops protein powder. comes to about 800 calories

Last edited:
What do you guys think of these?

They are cheap and apparantly according to the web site they have 60g of protein 50g fat 100g carb.

That's a decent start to the day I think?

I got 3 kfc wicked wings with it as well. 1 serve is supposed to be 30.4g fat, 17.5g pro, 45.9g carbs. 1 serve=192grams. But how many wicked wings is that?

Anyway I think 3 wings is about 1.5 serves, that is if a wing weighs around 100grams (not sure with that). So anyway that's 26g pro, 69g carb, 46g fat.

So for breakfast today I had 86g pro, 169g carb, 96g fat. That is if all the nutritional info they supply is correct.

That's an okay start to the day isn't it?

(btw I need about 4000 cal a day)

Are you kidding? You had KFC and subway for breakfast and you took in more fat than protein, most of which would be saturated I'm guessing.

Prepare you own meals. Nobody built a decent physique on KFC and Subway.

lol i didnt read the post properly i thought the wings were eaten later in the day, not as breakfast. thats gotta be one of the worst breakfasts ive seen for awhile. did you wash it all down with a large coke?

My concern is less with the saturated fats, and more with the nutrition.

The thing about junk food isn't so much the total calories or the fats. It's more that you get so many calories and so much fat, yet so little vitamins and minerals with it. 1,000 calories of spongy white bread and fried bacon may have the same carbs, protein and fat as 1,000 calories of stir-fried vegies and noodles, but... the second one is going to do you much more good.

Here are my dietary guidelines. I'm no dietician, but I have been a chef, so I have some basic ideas about nutrition - my main strength is in making things look and taste good rather than be good for you ;) but still...

In following the guidelines below I've been able to gradually get closer to the sort of physique I want.
  • Do not smoke or take illegal drugs
  • Of alcohol, drink not more than six standard drinks in a week, and not more than two in one day.
  • Eat lots of fresh fruit and vegies
  • Eat lots of nuts and beans
  • Eat some meat or fish, and some dairy
  • If you want to get overall bigger, eat lots of starchy foods (rice, pasta, bread, potatoes); if you want to get overall smaller, eat less starchy foods.
  • If you want to grow muscles, eat 1.2-2g protein per kg of bodyweight daily [AIS recommendation]; if you want to maintain your current muscle mass, around 1g/kg is enough.
  • If you want to grow muscles, make a protein/carb drink and consume half before, half after the workout - about 1g of protein and 1g of carbs per kg of bodyweight should be in this drink.
  • Have one cheat day a week, a day in which you eat whatever you want. This helps you keep to the rest of the week; it's better to have six steps forward and two steps back than thirty steps forward then give up.
It's usually pointless talking about exact amounts, 100g of this and 57g of that. That's because everyone's body is individual and will respond differently to diet and training. It's better to do it as you ride a bicycle - you don't get out your protractor and measure angles, you adjust as you go along, if you lean too much this way, lean the other way to balance it.

With diet, if you're losing weight when you want to gain, eat more, and vice versa. If you feel tired in the gym, have a look at having more starchy stuff and/or more fresh fruit and vegies. And so on.

I have 2 mates who have awesome bodies and they live on kfc. Both are lean and very muscular.

I don't think you guys understand my body. I need to eat a hell of a lot of fat, a hell of a lot of carbs, and a shit load of protein.

I have never ever put on any noticeable fat in my entire life. I'm lean as all hell and if I don't eat a lot I just waste away.

I think today I ended up eating a foot long for breakfast with 3 chicken wings, 2 cans of tuna before a work out, 2 pieces of kfc after the work out with 1L of soy milk and 250grams of strawberries. Plus 2 shots of wheat grass and 130ml of probiotic drinks.

And I've still got 2 meals to go.

Last edited:
Oh and I can't eat whey protein or drink milk. Makes me sick.

Also lee priest seems to be going alright considering he is famous for his love of kfc =)

Did you even read my post?

I didn't say the fat was bad-evil-oh-my-god-Tim's-gunna-die. I said there was not much actual nutrition with your Subway and KFC. And that's true whether you're a guy who gets a blubber belly easily or not.

This subforum is called,

"Nutrition & Diet Tips on a healthy diet build muscle & improve performance"

Nothing about being lean there. Health, building muscle and improving performance. It's quite possible to be lean and yet unhealthy, or fat and very healthy. Our society confuses leanness with health. In which case PTC's Fat Dave with his great lifts and cardio performance is impossible, and Ethiopians circa 1985 are in vigorous health. Which is obviously bollocks.

Go back and read my post, mate.

I eat other foods for nutrition. Not every food I eat has to contain every vitamin and mineral in the world. I'll be eating a heap of veggies tonight, not by choice of course, simply because my gf will make me.

Are you saying that if I have 3 cups of veggies a day, 3 pieces of fruit, wheat grass, pro biotics, I am going to be unhealthy because I have a couple pieces of fried chicken?

Also yes I am lee priest, reincarnated of course. i can't believe you even had to ask.

Wheat grass? Probiotics? That's pointless.

But whatever. If you don't care what we think, why did you ask?

Chomp away! Remember your five basic food groups: Subway, KFC, McDs, beer and chocolate. Have some of each every day!

Sorry Kyle I didn't know your opinion was the opinion of every body on the internet. I should not have asked a question if I wasn't prepared to take your opinion on board 100% with no questions.

You really do need to realize that people have different opinions and different views based on very different perspective which are based on very different information gathered throughout their lives. If you expect everybody to agree with you totally about everything then you are very naive and need to have a more empathetic world view.

Like I said I've got 2 mates that are gaining huge amounts of lean muscle and they have kfc all the time. They also eat lots of veggies etc... as well and they are healthy. So I'll take the opinions of those people over the opinion of someone I haven't met, and haven't seen their gains etc... I've also got a girl friend who studies micro biology and they taught her at uni that probiotic drinks are good for you. I've also met many people that are extremely healthy and read many article about the benefits of wheatgrass. So your simple statment that they're a waste of time means very very very little to me.

If you want me to believe you then make some effort and show me some actual evidence for anything that you are claiming.

you ask if subway and KFC is a good start to your day, everyone says no, so you argue the point. why the **** did you ask the question in the first place???

On the flipside, find me one person with some years of successful training behind them - someone who has gained muscle, lost fat and gained strength and fitness - who says Subway and KFC are a "good breakfast" or indeed "good meal" at any time of the day.

You'll find lots of people who say, "well, it's okay I guess..." But find me one who says it's good.

timguyperson said:
If you want me to believe you then make some effort and show me some actual evidence for anything that you are claiming.
You want evidence that eating lots of fresh fruit and vegies, nuts and beans, abstaining from junk food, illegal drugs and alcohol is good for you compared to doing the opposite? You want evidence that if you eat more starchy food you'll gain overall size, and if you eat less you'll lose it? You want evidence that to gain muscle you need to consume substantial but not huge amounts of protein and do resistance training?

Mate, these are very common and widespread ideas in nutrition. It's like asking for evidence the Earth is round. Where do we start?
timguyperson said:
Like I said I've got 2 mates that are gaining huge amounts of lean muscle and they have kfc all the time.
And I had a great uncle who smoked a pack and drank half a bottle of bourbon a day and lived to be 95, was found dead with a cigar in one hand and a glass of brandy in the other. So obviously tobacco and booze are good for you, the more the better.

Or maybe not.

Lots of young blokes can get away with eating crap. It's because they're young, their metabolisms are just on fire. I've known a lot of blokes like that, too. In fact - I was one. At 22 I was drinking two slabs a week and could eat two large Pizza Hut pizzas at a sitting, I was more muscular, more lean, fitter and stronger than I am now.

But those lean young guys become fat and weak blokes in their 30s. That happened to me, too.

Start as you mean to go on. Habits established now will last for a lifetime - good habits and bad both.

Last edited:
Actually all Shrek said was "Instead of bacon get the ham instead, less fat."

I know shrek, I don't know any of you other guys.

Also why do you think asking someones opinion means I have any obligation to follow what you say? You do realize any decision I make is mine and not yours right?

Status
Not open for further replies.