• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Supplements and stimulants

damyt01

What's good/bad and what are your experiences?

I've tried some oxyelite today and want to throw up. Hard. Not sure the benefits outweigh the feeling. Is L-carnatine good? CLA? Any others?

The best supplement to stimulate is sleep and activity, not to be confused with rest (sitting on the coach with a bag of chips)

IVe also heard and read good things about steroids :p

I've tried some oxyelite today and want to throw up. Hard. Not sure the benefits outweigh the feeling. Is L-carnatine good? CLA? Any others?

I like

Creatine
Fish Oil
Preworkouts with DMAA and Beta alanine for when im tired
WPI or WPC

Not convinced with fat burners... Just look like caffiene bullets to me... But some peeps swear by them...

Important to note that you don't need them to get great results though...

Sleep and good diet is the key...

Good sleep and Red Bull.
Fat burners are a waste of money imo. CLA definately a waste of money!

Good supps
Fish Oil
Multi V
WPI
Aminos
Creatine Mono

Good supplements worth a try

Yes ..L - Carnitine is great! I take it daily before a workout with small amount of juice.

With over 27 years of bodybuilding experience and 20 of those being really into the diet and nutrition of bodybuilding, I can say I have tried many sups, I have a list of some I use regularly.

L-Arginine taken with L-Orthinine and a high dose of Vitamin C , preferably taken on an empty stomach but definitely not taken with protein just on going to sleep or the same 30 to 45 mins prior to training.

Gamma Oryzanol Taken around 45 minutes prior to a workout .

ZMA's Magnesium, Zinc & B6 & Manganese Take at night before bed.

The best Protein I have used is TEMPRO by DORIAN YATES. I take my protein within 30 mins after my workout and an hour or so before bed with water only.

Bulgarian Tribulus
I take 1 only when I have had my first meal of the day.

Fish oil caps I take 6 per day 6000.mg . 3 with morning meal and 3 with evening meal.

Ginko Biloba 1 after morning meal.

Pretorius Amino Acid Complex

1 Morning , Lunch & Dinner..

Have info on all thse on my website. I am really careful about what I put in my stomach but I feel these sups work well for me.

Last edited:

Apart from whey and creatine pretty much the rest are a waste of money.

Stimulants if you need them have some caffeine.

Remember Gamma & Frac?

I tried it when I was 17, and had 0 boners for 1 month.
Yes!! I had a mate who swore by FRAC but I never tried it.They took Frac and Gamma Oryzanol together. You read so much against allot of these things from the past but the gamma works for me, I feel it and it shows.. that's all that matters.
I found this article called Supplements from Yesteryear.. Check it out but keep an open mind. Everything ends up being outdated for something new so I don't believe it means these old supps didn't work. Some do very well!
cheers :) http://articles.muscletalk.co.uk/article-supplements-of-yesteryear.aspx

Creatine safe for women

Is creatine beneficial for women too?
Creatine is absolutely safe for women to use.
It is only giving us more of what we get from protein anyway. Just drink plenty of water.
This shows you how it works..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR3dDO1Sz0E&feature=em-share_video_user"]How does Creatine work? - YouTube[/ame]