• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Neddysmith

Standard kunce
OK this thread is for everything Chilli.

I have some chilli seeds which I will planting in about July they include:

Scorpion Ghost Chilli
Carolina Reaper Chilli
Thai chilli
Jalapeno peppers
Orange Habanero
Pink Tigers
Jolokia x Orange Hab

and might have a couple more that I cant remember right now.

Also here are a couple of good websites for hot sauce recipes or meal recipes or just to buy your hot sauce from.

http://www.byronbaychilli.com/
http://www.junglerain.com.au/
http://thechillifactory.com/
http://melbournehotsauce.com/
http://thehotsauceaddiction.com/
http://suburbantomato.com/2011/04/growing-chillies-in-melbourne/

When I get some time I will post some pics of a couple of chilli plants I have on the go now and hopefully will keep them through the winter, although it is hard to do this in Melbourne due the cold temps we get.

Post anything Chilli replated...

Enjoy.

Great idea :)

I humbly submit my super hot but fruity amazing Inner Beauty Hot Sauce recipe along with a rocoto chilli jam (also good with habaneros):

http://chocolatechillimango.com/2011/03/09/inner-beauty-hot-sauce-chilli-jam-peruvian-style/

I have the following that are still fruiting now:

Orange habanero
Red Savinas
Rocoto (it's a massive tree now ha)
Hot Cayenne

I used to have Jolokia but crazy weather killed it off last year :(

the Red Savinas are extra hot this year but the fruity flavour is also more intense. Really good.

I made my habanero truffles last week with the red savinas and used some habanero ganache with a mango caramel in another chocolate.
Packs an awesome kick at the end LOL
11136778_10152651868770904_3035287374153349544_n.jpg

6668_10152651868920904_603440185081550836_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for that, I have some Thai chilli and Jolikia in the freezer think I might give the Inner Beauty hot sauce a crack with some of those and see how it comes out, looks great.....

Oh and I cant believe your chilli plants are still fruiting this late in the season.....I have a couple which are flowering but they wont fruit this late, juts hoping I can keep them through the winter months.

Thanks for that, I have some Thai chilli and Jolikia in the freezer think I might give the Inner Beauty hot sauce a crack with some of those and see how it comes out, looks great.....

Oh and I cant believe your chilli plants are still fruiting this late in the season.....I have a couple which are flowering but they wont fruit this late, juts hoping I can keep them through the winter months.

Make sure they get northerly sun and are protected from frost. Especially the habs and jolokias.
Rocotos grow in the Andes (Peru) so are very hardy during winter and fruit often during the year, even in colder weather.
They are on the same Scoville heat scale as habaneros but don't have that same fruity taste and the kick the hits you later. They hit straight away
They're huge so good to fill with cheese, tuna etc and roast in the oven like ancho chillies. only hot.

Ah ok, thanks, will have to move them I think to get more of the northerly sun, mine are protected from frost but only get westerly sun later on in the day. I did have a couple inside under a skylight but still couldn't keep them, but they could have been in pots which were too small.

Might give the Rocotos a go though is they are hardly like that.

I am looking forward to growing the Carolina Reapers this summer, being the hottest chilli in the world, not exactly sure what I will do with them but will be cool either way, haha

Last edited:
Haha so I made my habanero truffle and mango habanero bonbons and i cannot believe just how many chilliheads there are out there who love hot chilli!

This is the mango habanero one: mango caramel over a habanero ganache as the filling. So good :) REALLY spicy. Kicks like a mule at the end :)

I still have lots of chillies on my bushes. Despite the cold weather, they continue to ripen. Leaving them on the tree as long as I can so they can develop flavour and heat (although I suspect this last round will be less potent due to the cooler weather).

Good tip for habaneros and other chillies that are typical of hot dry climates: when fruiting, you should water them but let them dry out well between watering doses as this helps to develop the intensity of flavour and heat.

11195585_299153373541942_64047097_n.jpg

13383_10152661712210904_6554328362895351653_n.jpg

they sound awesome....

my pants are still looking great so far, no fruit but i expected that, as long as i can keep em through winter should have a bumper crop next year as well as the other chillis i will be planting.

they sound awesome....

my pants are still looking great so far, no fruit but i expected that, as long as i can keep em through winter should have a bumper crop next year as well as the other chillis i will be planting.

my plants didn't have fruit last year either (the habaneros at least) but this year went nuts with fruit - hopefully they survive winter and will be even better next year.

lol at pants :D

ok having Byron Bay Chilli Co Heavenly Habanero Chilli Sauce with Mango on my eggs this morning, this stuff is seriously HOT

ok having Byron Bay Chilli Co Heavenly Habanero Chilli Sauce with Mango on my eggs this morning, this stuff is seriously HOT

yum! tip: that stuff is really good on tuna/salmon too :)

I put a bit of my Venom sauce in my soup last night...just a drop and it was amazeballs.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Venom.jpg
    Venom.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 81
OK so nearly time to start planting those chilli seeds here in Melb, keep em inside on the window sill in one of those mini hothouse thingos, cant wait o start growing my Carolina Reapers.....

this is weekend I assess the health and vital signs of my existing chillis ... it's been a cold winter and I hope they will all come good ... or at least that the losses can be minimised.

will be doing a full check up and overhaul of them and maybe planting some more of the habaneros, red savinas and cayennes.

My rocoto tree is still fruiting and I've had a bumper winter crop. Made lots of rocoto jam to have with cheese, chicken/turkey and fish. Awesome stuff.
Also good with pork loin.

now to pray to ALL the gods on the weekend. Should be sunny and warm so fingers crossed they will spring to life.

or i plant more lol