• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Project on Channel 10

jamesyboi

I thought I saw a ad on The Project, lastnight about a steroid story tonight
on channel 10.

Wasn't sure if it was on the Channel 10 news or on The Project for Tuesday night.

Just wanted to give everybody a headsup.

Cheers.

Damn I meant to watch it but ended up training back and biceps!

It was the same 40 year old 60kg dickhead who was on Q&A banging on about steroids. Pretty much crapped on about the evils of roids for 3 mins then it cut to shots of him doing kung foo. So full of shit the way he was banging on you'd think you can't lift at all unless your on the gear.

Actually the whole program was about how steroids were once only largely used by professional bodybuilders and athletes but they've seen a huge increase of customs seizing steroids being ordered from overseas (I think the increase was up over 500% in the last 5 years)

It spoke briefly about steoids being ordered from overseas and off websites where you're often not getting what you pay for.

It spoke about how teenagers are starting to cycle roids now in the hope of having a more aesthetically pleasing physique.

It was all about men wanting better and more muscular physiques now, more than ever before and the extremes they'll go to, to get the look they want.

The story then blamed 'media influence' for men wanting to look cut and big....

The guy featured cycled roids from his early 20's because he had hopes to be a competitive bb'er earlier on. His were prescribed by his GP and they were administered and he was medically supervised by his Dr.

The program spoke about the negative effect steroids can have on the male body if you're not educated and attempt cycles without proper medical supervision or information.

I actually thought it was quite a good story and found it to be surprisingly unbiased in it's presentation tbh, given the bad wrap roids usually get in the media.

Oh it also briefly spoke about how steroids are more easily accesible overseas, especially in South East Asia and far less expensive to buy there.

It was a brief story, it'd be nice to see an unbiased, lengthy and accurate story on steroid use within the bb'ing, strength and athletic arena's - as well as the 'recreational' use by the younger generations, who are simply using them to enhance their aesthetic appeal.

I find the subject quite fascinating to be truthful!

Actually the whole program was about how steroids were once only largely used by professional bodybuilders and athletes but they've seen a huge increase of customs seizing steroids being ordered from overseas (I think the increase was up over 500% in the last 5 years)

It spoke briefly about steoids being ordered from overseas and off websites where you're often not getting what you pay for.

It spoke about how teenagers are starting to cycle roids now in the hope of having a more aesthetically pleasing physique.

It was all about men wanting better and more muscular physiques now, more than ever before and the extremes they'll go to, to get the look they want.

The story then blamed 'media influence' for men wanting to look cut and big....

The guy featured cycled roids from his early 20's because he had hopes to be a competitive bb'er earlier on. His were prescribed by his GP and they were administered and he was medically supervised by his Dr.

The program spoke about the negative effect steroids can have on the male body if you're not educated and attempt cycles without proper medical supervision or information.

I actually thought it was quite a good story and found it to be surprisingly unbiased in it's presentation tbh, given the bad wrap roids usually get in the media.

Oh it also briefly spoke about how steroids are more easily accesible overseas, especially in South East Asia and far less expensive to buy there.

It was a brief story, it'd be nice to see an unbiased, lengthy and accurate story on steroid use within the bb'ing, strength and athletic arena's - as well as the 'recreational' use by the younger generations, who are simply using them to enhance their aesthetic appeal.

I find the subject quite fascinating to be truthful!

1. Customs dude never used the word steroids when reffering to seizures bet you a large percentage of what he was talking about were supps other than steroids.

2.Dickhead who was supervised by dr also admitted to overdoing it in Thailand yeah that sounds real legit.

3. They have nothing to back up the argument about body dismorphia been more of an issue now other than the opinion of one phsychologist.

That piece of media was about as objective as a racially motivated lynching. Watch the Q&A piece on steroids on ABC online and tell me you believe anything that douche bag they interviewed says.

Hey Brick, i'd be interested in watching this. Do you remember when it aired?

Couldn't tell you the date mate but there was a massive thread on here about it. It was another beat up though. They had a bunch of kids on there ranging from some 50kg asian kid to a mid 90's kg former anorexic who wanted to be a bb. I fucking felt sorry for em the way the crowd and interviewer stuck it to em, poor fuckers were clueless too.

Dunno if it was the same guy as on the project but I think bricks talking about the 'massive obsession' episode of SBS's Insight and not ABC's Q&A where they generally talk politics.

Dunno if it was the same guy as on the project but I think bricks talking about the 'massive obsession' episode of SBS's Insight and not ABC's Q&A where they generally talk politics.

Haha yeah sorry thats the one all that lame news shit is all the same to me. Yeah it was the same dude.

It was the same 40 year old 60kg dickhead who was on Q&A banging on about steroids. Pretty much crapped on about the evils of roids for 3 mins then it cut to shots of him doing kung foo. So full of shit the way he was banging on you'd think you can't lift at all unless your on the gear.

Yeah.

Jamie Close.

He's annoying.

How's him on that SBS show? "Do you want to compare blood test results?"

I agree Brick, the guy is a moron.