• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Too poor to eat healthy?

kaz

iLift
mum.jpg

An obese mother-of-two who lives on benefits says she needs more of taxpayers' money to overhaul her unhealthy lifestyle.

Christina Briggs, 26, fsays she hates being 160 kilos but she can't do anything about it because she can only afford junk food. Meanwhile, exercise is out of the question because she doesn't have the funds to join a gym.

The single mother said 'It's not easy being overweight and on benefits. If I was well off, I'd be able to buy fresh food and afford a gym membership.

Unemployed Christina gets 34 Grand in benefits a year and lives in a council house with her two children by different fathers, Helena, 10, and Robert, two.

She left school as a teenager after falling pregnant with her daughter following a one night stand.

The family feast everyday on takeaways, chocolate and crisps as Christina says they can't afford low fat foods. As a result, the mother is currently a dress size 26.

What do you think; is Health Food too expensive?

Obese Mother Says She Is Too Poor To Eat Healthily - 965 Wave FM

2 cans of John West on special
Half a pack of microwave brown rice
$3.50

And the less you eat the cheaper

How fucking hard is it

More like too lazy to eat healthy rather than too poor to eat healthy.
And it seems her laziness is not limited to her eating habits.

It's about time something is done about all those fat cat CEOs with physical specimines for bodies.

For the once a week binge here to feed 2 adults and 4 kids there is rarely any change from 50 bucks. For one meal.

180 bucks feeds the same people for a whole week for the other 20 meals.

Cant afford to eat healthier food because junk food is cheaper?

I call bullshit.

So she can afford tattoos at a minimum $150 per hour. Looks like just on her chest she has around 3 hours worth unless the tattooist strung it out and charged her more likely for 6 hours worth of work. Which is likely. She can afford to dye her hair bright friggen orange which could cost anywhere from 80 up.
and supposedly she can buy chocolate and shit food way cheaper than fresh fruits and vegies and chicken and fish. Mmmnn ok obviously she a lazy excuse for a human and a terrible role model for the children.
she could easily walk or run do push ups sit ups chin ups hahahah one day maybe and go swimming yet she chooses to sit on her arse and more than likely pay for foxtel each month rather than try to lose the weight.
she needs her benefits cut and needs to get off her arse and go get a job and a weight loss plan.

- Tuna
- Cheaper cuts of meat
- Roast chicken
- Veggies/fruit
- Brown Rice
- Milk
- Homebrand pasta
- Home brand oats
- Eggs

Honestly if you really wanted too and really kept it tight - you could prob feed that family for $150/less for the week - and that would be from clean/healthy foods.

I don't understand how people say junk food is cheaper - I just don't see how this is possible.

Walking is free also - what is stopping her from going for 1-2 hour walk everyday....

She is simply a lazy fucking bitch.

Last edited:
And honestly $34,000 isn't really that bad - lets say she gets a cheap $250 apartment, $150 on food, $100 on bills - yea it doesn't leave much but if your smart with your money - these kids wouldn't be going without/needing to eat shit - she could study while not working, get a cert in something - and by the time both kids are in school could maybe get a job paying $40,000 - $50,000 - and on that money they should be living a fairly comfortable life being able to "afford" good food - eating take away every night would cost at least $25-$30 just on dinner....

Yep, and consider that for the same price as a McHappy Meal that tastes like dolphin turd, I can buy a whole cooked chook from Coles, or better still get a fresh fillet and some vegies on the side and cook it at home and it'll be way more satisfying and healthier too.