• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Train everyday?

Yeah if you wanted, but doing a split as a beginner is redundant.

Only you can tell if you are getting too tired from working out everyday and if you notice it you should add in some rest. Personally I wouldn't, maybe 6 days a week if I was using a split program.

Yeah if you wanted, but doing a split as a beginner is redundant.

Only you can tell if you are getting too tired from working out everyday and if you notice it you should add in some rest. Personally I wouldn't, maybe 6 days a week if I was using a split program.

Thanks dave.

God, dont you have anything better to do than go to the gym everyday? get a girlfriend? cosplay?

It's not that I don;t like them, it's just that I think they are uneccesary unless you are frail, have a disabillity, need help with form or are an elite level athlete who requires a coach.

Now what did he say?

Leg extensions, tricep thingy's, leg press instead of squats because squats can phark your back, press machine instead of bench press because it is dangerous...I could go on but.....................

I want to go everyday whats wrong with that?
My personal traing gave me a split it works

Exercise is a form of 'stress', we want to stress ourselves enough to cause adaption (bigger muscles and or strength) whilst avoiding the point of exhaustion (a decrease in performance, hormonal imbalance, atrophy and injury).

The problem is when jo average trains everyday he usually has no idea what hes doing (hence why hes doing it in the first place) and wants to push himself hard doing 'lots of bench press' or he's attempting Schwarzenegger's am/pm split.

He makes 'awesome progress' for about 2-3 weeks before he overtrains and is back on bodybuilding.com asking 'why wont my arms get bigger?' or 'does naNO Vapor work?'

As you can see this is setting up most people for an epic fail.

Can you train 6 days a week + multiple times a day? well yes, get a book on olympic lifting or elite powerlifting and theres lots of examples of that but they're working with percentages (eg, if their maximum lift is 100kg they'll only use 70kg or 70%) to avoid overtraining, which is not the most efficient way nor enjoyable way that most people want to train.

Give them a 3 day split however and they can push themselves on the squat bench and deadlift without the need for naNO Vapor.

Last edited:
You make it sound confusing what person do I listen to why are there so many ways should I just do what I like my trainer thinks I'm going well he is older than me
Goodnight

Dave, we have a complete noob here. I've had a look at his other posts and he doesnt even know what a squat is.

I thought my explanation was really simple :(

He has been trolling everywhere by the looks of it, sadly you wasted a good post on him
Posted via Mobile Device

He has been trolling everywhere by the looks of it, sadly you wasted a good post on him
Posted via Mobile Device

Good post oli but remember alot of oly lifters break pb's in training (as far as everythig i have seen read on chinese oly lifts)I also agree with possible troll
Posted via Mobile Device