• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training at PTC Brisbane

ink81

Got off the flight to Brisbane yesterday and headed straight to PTC gym with my brother. Been looking forward to the experience to lift in a real power lifting gym and Scotty didn't disappoint that's for sure. Nice guy who had nothing but time and knowledge to share with us. Cleaned up some technique issues with all 3 lifts and both myself and my brother left there very pleased with the results. Cheers mate and I'm sure we'll see you in the near future.

Started off on the bench, wanted to make sure my form was up to scratch and then work on some paused reps which I've never done before.

Bench (kg)

Bar x 15
60 x 5
80 x 5
100 x 5
140 x 3

Up to now working on strapping the wrists a bit higher for better support and really keeping the Lats tight before I Unrack.

160 x 1

From here I did a few singles at 180 working on form, really arching my chest and filling up with air.

Time to work on some pausing. Went back to 140 and had Scott give me the commands. 140 was no issues. Back to 180. First try was a red light, had I have paused for a millisecond longer it would've passed. Let my brother jump on for a go but I was determined to get back on and hit that paused rep. Jumped under 180 again, came down, paused and smoked it. Was pretty happy with that.

After the Bench session we moved over to squats and Deadlifts with some light weight to work on form. My brothers been having trouble squatting with his hips and technique and within 1 set Scott had him squatting like a pro. Same story with the Deadlifts.

So cheers mate for giving us the time of day and polishing up our form on the big 3. Was definitely worth it if anyone else was thinking of doing the same.

How did only just see this?

Both you and your brother are welcome in anytime mate, you guys were an absolute pleasure :)