• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training While on Holidays / Away with Work

GUZZLA

Tasty Kunce
When I get away for the weekend or longer, I try to do some form of cardio at least every 2nd day. I don't watch my diet like a hawk, but I still don't go all out every meal either. Like I've said elsewhere, for me, it's all about balance.

But there is always the temptation for some to just give in to temptation for however long they're away, and just go off the healthy lifestyle grid altogether.

So, with the long weekend coming up, and the temptation for many to sink piss for every waking moment, how many here make a commitment to your training program regardless of were you are for work or holidays? Do you cut yourself a little or a lot of slack, or are you militant in making sure you get some form of cardio or weight training and a good diet?

When you're in these positions, how do you make do with often limited resources?

I never train or really worry about diet on holidays.

I enjoy the break and enjoy the food and drink, get back into it when I get home.

Training is part of my life now and I will train regardless if its a holiday or not.
I don't drink or shall I say I haven't drank alcohol in a long long time and I don't see the point in doing so merely for the holidays albeit un-Australian.
My diet normally remains the same throughout.

Last edited:
It's funny the gung-ho never miss a session peeps never last more then a few years.

Yeah. Over your life time missing a couple sessions while on holidays isn't going to make a difference. Enjoy your bloody holidays, plenty of time to lift weights back in the real world.

I find having a forced break helps things when you come back. Fresher mentally and physically.

It's funny the gung-ho never miss a session peeps never last more then a few years.

I'll check this post in 10 years and see where we are both at. :)

I'm 100% sure i will still be lifting heavy arse weights. Wether it be on earth or in the stars.

Fuck that, if I am on holidays then I am going to eat like a fatty and hope that I gain a few kilos by the time I get back! Best bulking opportunity in like ever. I have been guilty of visiting a gym once or twice while away but it's more for novelties sake and to check out the local lycra wearing talent (womenz).

Don't train when away, plenty of time for training when not away.

Missing a few sessions will actually be more beneficial than training! It's good to give the body and mind a break, I eat what I like to eat, but don't go mad.

I think that if you're worried about not working out on your holiday, then you should do something about it.

you can always do something when on holidays.

I love to walk and see sites, so holidays allow me to eat more. Working out is actually part of my holidays when I do all the things I like doing, including training at a local gym or park.

All depends for me, usually if away on holidays I try to eat a little clean but certainly not really fussed and I drink whatever, when away with work once again diet is thought about but not regimented or very strict atall, with workouts it all depends on timing and if I get the chance, as I said in another thread, I just got back from being away with work for 2.5 wks and only managed to get to the gym once,....

Depends on the holiday, went away for Aus Day weekend didn't hit the gym but also didn't drink like fish and was mindful of what I was eating.
Balance seems to be the key especially when away with family/friends.

If I'm away Ill go for a run in the morning, before the family is up. I enjoy that. Then I can come home, shower & make them all breakfast. Then we have the whole day free to do what they want.