• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Traps

howzit

I am quite annoyed with how my traps look. They are big only towards the neck and go down diagonally from there, not the box type look. Maybe there might be something missing with my traps workout. Normally I do around 4 sets x 12-15 with 50kg dumbbells, whenever I do shoulders, normally once, sometimes twice a week. Sometimes I grab 30kg to superset and I slow down the movement and hold the contraction at the top for longer.

Is there some sort of secret to getting the box type traps, or do they just come with time?

I am quite annoyed with how my traps look. They are big only towards the neck and go down diagonally from there, not the box type look. Maybe there might be something missing with my traps workout. Normally I do around 4 sets x 12-15 with 50kg dumbbells, whenever I do shoulders, normally once, sometimes twice a week. Sometimes I grab 30kg to superset and I slow down the movement and hold the contraction at the top for longer.

Is there some sort of secret to getting the box type traps, or do they just come with time?

Post a pic on them:)

picture277lm7.jpg

See how they look like a ball?

Bit of an old pic by the way.

See how they look like a ball? Bit of an old pic by the way.

Luke, you can not change the shape of your traps; only enhance/grow what you've got. Look at the pros; all have gigantic traps yet most are unique to that individual.

Fadi.

Spot on Fadi.

Max prefers really heavy high pulls and dynamic shrugs, with up to 130kg (he weighs 68kg)

He has fantastic trap development, but he also powercleans 6 days a week.

Olympic lifters have the best trap development IMO.