• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Urinating in the swimming pool could result in a deadly chemical weapon

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
APART from the obvious there’s a more serious reason why you shouldn’t pee in the swimming pool — it could be deadly. It’ll make you shudder, but the hard reality is most people have used a swimming pool as a toilet. The promise that chlorine kills any germs and covers their sins is the main reasoning behind the act. Even Olympic swimmers have admitted to doing it.
But new research by the China Agricultural University and Purdue University has found this mixture of uric acid (found in urine) and chlorine can produce a substance harmful enough to be used as a weapon.
Within an hour of mixing urine and chlorine the researchers found it created trichloramine and cyanogen chloride — both chemicals are associated with lung problems but cyanogen chloride can affect the nervous system and is classified as a controlled substance in chemical warfare under the U.S. Chemical Weapons Convention due to its toxicity and ability to penetrate gas masks.
The guilty of you out there will be asking why you’re okay after doing it for years. The fact is, in order to create an amount of cyanogen chloride to be considered deadly it would take A LOT of leaky swimmers in one chlorinated pool. More swimmers than any pool could contain.
While this may come as some relief, the authors of the research imply how hygiene conditions can be improved if people are willing to use the bathroom instead of the deep end.
“Given that uric acid introduction to pools is attributable to urination, a voluntary action for most swimmers, these findings indicate important benefits to pool water and air chemistry that could result from improved hygiene habits on the part of swimmers.”

Yeah, was reading something on this the other day. Apparently everyone releases a small amount of pee into the pool involuntarily and the chlorine wont necessarily kill the germs per se...

tbh, if theres a public pool with heaps of kids.. I just assume it's gonna be used as a toilet anyways.

I would personally draw the line if I saw a floating log though.. Would have to be a pretty hot day to make me want to stay in there if that was going on

Yeah, was reading something on this the other day. Apparently everyone releases a small amount of pee into the pool involuntarily and the chlorine wont necessarily kill the germs per se...

tbh, if theres a public pool with heaps of kids.. I just assume it's gonna be used as a toilet anyways.

I would personally draw the line if I saw a floating log though.. Would have to be a pretty hot day to make me want to stay in there if that was going on

the hydrotherapy pool at my local every so often has a floatie in it

8pBSkbm.png

Put some of these fekkers in the pool.. That'll just about guarantee a stop to the grotty little trolls..

The Candiru... A parasite found in amazon rivers that are apparently attracted to the urine from humans. So much so that they can migrate up your urethra as shown in the pic above.

Yes that is a knob.

Yes that is a bug protruding from the inside of it.

* Authenticity of picture is questionable, but post a few of these up around the pools with a disclaimer and see how many kids keep peeing in the pool! :D