• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weekly Poll #12 - What percentage of your daily Protein intake comes from shakes?

What percentage of your daily Protein intake comes from shakes?

• None - I don't drink Protein shakes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 0 - 15%

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 15 - 30%

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • 30 - 50%

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • 50 - 75%

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 75 - 100%

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Now its getting warmer I find it hard to eat a cooked breaky of eggs and meat so I have been having a shake with a frozen banana in it= yumo!

I get all my protein from whole foods that jesus put on this planet for us to devour. Things that run, swim or fly...... and cottage cheese haha. Actually i do have around 10g bcaa's pre-workout.

I personally think the whole protein shake stuff is a load of crap. When I started training I didn't take any for over a year, then I took them all the time and now I have stopped again. My strength or size gains didn't change when taking them or not. Same thing for those pre and post workout supplements, they didn't do anything but empty a few hundred dollars from my wallet.

^ dan, i dunno what you were taking but protein shakes are never meant to make you gain 10kg lbm like cell tech does. 30gm for protein shake = 30gm from chicken.

The BodyEvolution Report: What You Need To Know About Supplements - Protein Powder

'red meat (in bulk) costs approximately $9.00/kg and contains approximately 220 grams of protein/kg. That equals 4.09 cents/gram of protein. Protein Powder (WPI in 5kg bulk buy) costs $28.00/kg and contains 858 grams of protein/kg. That equals 3.26 cents/gram of protein. That would be even cheaper if compared to a WPC. A 5kg buy at $20.00/kg contains 780 grams of protein/kg. That equals 2.56 cents/gram protein.'

Everything has it's place and I'm the first to say that whole food>protein powder, but it doesn't mean it isn't useful or beneficial from a number of areas.

I get 33% of my protein intake from protein powder.

^ dan, i dunno what you were taking but protein shakes are never meant to make you gain 10kg lbm like cell tech does. 30gm for protein shake = 30gm from chicken.

Exactly, I already knew that and was never expecting it too. All i'm saying is I saw no difference anywhere but the wallet.

I am with max on this. Protein powder is just a cheap, convenient source of protein. It's not supposed to do anything magical.

I have 3-4 shakes (natural WPI in water) every day, so that's close to 1/3 my daily intake of protein.

When bulking, I generally eat real food and just have a shake straight after workout.

I am not worried so much about the money aspect of buying proper protein rich food, it's the time it takes to prepare. Shakes help me get the daily intake required when I am on the run.

I have 2 shakes a day (first and last meal of the day), and to me it actually works out cheaper and easier than preparing whole foods, and love the taste of my shakes.

Generally have shake just after I get up and head to work (sometimes add powdered oats), then whole food Lunch at work, whole food dinner at home and shake just before bed, also have some snacks during the day such as almonds, nuts, seeds, beef Jerky etc etc differs from day to day.

So will have two shakes and two meals per day.