• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weighted decline sit-ups

Oli

I've tried several times to make these work for me (I hate having to stick my feet under the power rack and lay on a dirty carpet).

Problem is, whenever I do it I always feel pressure in my lower back (right down by my tailbone) as well.

Is this normal? should I quit them now or just start off with a lighter weight?

thanks.

lol...........Oli deadlifts 185kg x 5, seems he does plenty

Oli, why are you doing the situps? Does your boyfriend like wash board abs?

Load a bar to 40kg, press it overhead, go for a walk, all you need, then get Raul or whatever your boyfriends name is to rub baby oil into your tailbone lol

Nice deadlifting by the way

Thanks. Its my squat thats on the grow.

Don't know, I've always felt that I had much tighter form on my squats and overhead press when I did stabiliser work (3x15 weighted sit ups with a 25kg plate). I'd also do GHRs and back extensions every session if I had the equipment...

Funny you should mention the boyfriend, cause my girlfriend's been on me about my weight :p

Another good one we use is the KAOS squat.

I suspend KB's off bands and have clients squat with the bells bouncing around. We also do this on bench and OH press.

One of the best stabilizer movements you can do.

Another good one we use is the KAOS squat.

I suspend KB's off bands and have clients squat with the bells bouncing around. We also do this on bench and OH press.

One of the best stabilizer movements you can do.

Def 2nd this - I get the young guys who are just starting to bench - or should I say bench prob to use some light kettlebells attached to yellow or red bands then on the bar - it teaches them to stay tight.

Its funny to watch guys use this for the 1st time - you tell them again and again to set yourself, stay tight and prep for it moving around like crazy and still half of them bring the bar out and then set them self which makes them nearly fall off the bench lol.

You could try folding the towel where your tailbone sits on the bench, my squat//bench//deadlift are newb compared to yours but I can do 3x8 25kg on decline situps?? Don't do it often though as I prefer hanging leg raise.

I had a look at some videos. Most people seem to go to parallel or have the base of the seat up, I'll try that and start with a 15kg plate. Cheers.

Def 2nd this - I get the young guys who are just starting to bench - or should I say bench prob to use some light kettlebells attached to yellow or red bands then on the bar - it teaches them to stay tight.

Its funny to watch guys use this for the 1st time - you tell them again and again to set yourself, stay tight and prep for it moving around like crazy and still half of them bring the bar out and then set them self which makes them nearly fall off the bench lol.

I had a bar with chains suspended off it, and thought I should powerclean it. Max warned me not too, as he had tried it. I had already powercleaned the yellow bands and 40kg, with me standing on the bands.

When I cleaned the chains, they swung back behind me, driving the bar into my throat, and Max into hysterics.

I had a bar with chains suspended off it, and thought I should powerclean it. Max warned me not too, as he had tried it. I had already powercleaned the yellow bands and 40kg, with me standing on the bands.

When I cleaned the chains, they swung back behind me, driving the bar into my throat, and Max into hysterics.

Lol wow man thats insane!!!! - I don't think I would ever clean with chains but thankyou for reinforcing that for me lol