• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What is the most common mistake you see people do while working out?

Haven't seen much (any?) data linking injuries to certain ways of lifting so it's a bit hard to comment.

Almost everyone drops their dumbbells on the floor after they bench though, which can bend the heavy dumbbells. There's an easy way to stand up with them at the end of a set without dumping them on the ground. Saves the dumbbells and saves you the effort of picking them up of the floor again but people don't seem to do it.

Half benching and squatting and a spotter lifting the already too heavy weight off them
Saying " its all you bro!!" And doing sets of 10 and nothing else

- Piss farting around and doing whatever takes their fancy; no well thought out workout plan, goal, or mental focus to work towards said goals
- Half/quarter reps of ANYTHING
- Giving up after 2 months because they aren't getting results due to the two points above
- Reading New Idea while idly peddling away on that stationary bike with no resistance

Gym manners fucks me off more than anything, no one in my gym has any. No one puts there shit away or unload bars etc. just up and walk off. Always so tempted to leave the leg press loaded with 20 plates, bit im not a ****

No working out with enough intensity, ie people on tread mills where they are barely walking, lifting weights way to light for them, resting too long between sets for light weights

Accidentally putting the wrong weight on the bar. Have tricked myself a few times and nearly injured myself because I try to hard because I just think I'm being a pussy.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

My most common mistake is not being consistent. Second most common is not reducing the weight enough when I get motivated again.

I workout alone in my shed so I don't see anyone else's mistakes.

pushing too hard with intensity when clearly they should be backing off.

For people who train on feeling rather than a program, I always suggest push when you fell good and warm ups feel light, and back off when feeling tired, stressed and with weights feeling rather heavy.