• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What Is The Most Effective Mass Building Tricep Workout?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What Is The Most Effective Mass Building Tricep Workout?

With triceps making up roughly 66% of your arm , Many people in the gym still neglect to hit this vital muscle group

What are some time-proven techniques to shock the triceps?

What is the most effective mass building tricep workout?

What are your personal favorite tricep exercises? Why?

I like to super set tri's with medium weight skull crushers with heavy rope pull downs 5 sets of 12 reps. It really burns got to love that feeling.

Heavy compound
CGBP or Dips 3 x 5

Moderate stretch emphasis
Overhead extension or Skull crushers 3 x 10

Moderate - light pump focus/contraction focus
Rope pushdown 3 x 10-15>20, squeeze each rep etc.

Rope push downs would seem to be the most efficiant and effective exercise seeing that you can really get a good squeeze in the contracted position like no other exercise.

What weight difference should the the CGBP be compared with their BP? If I can do 95 for reps BP and CGBP only bust out 70 for reps, is that normal?

What weight difference should the the CGBP be compared with their BP? If I can do 95 for reps BP and CGBP only bust out 70 for reps, is that normal?

Sounds similar to me mate. I'm by no means an authority though, not much experience compared to the majority on here.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

You're always going to be able to move more weight with your standard grip as opposed to a narrower grip spacing as the weight (bar) is traveling less distance.

Having said that, do you all really beleieve the spacing of the hands on the bar make a difference in activatining more tricep and less tricep involvement?

You're always going to be able to move more weight with your standard grip as opposed to a narrower grip spacing as the weight (bar) is traveling less distance.

Having said that, do you all really beleieve the spacing of the hands on the bar make a difference in activatining more tricep and less tricep involvement?

Cheers, I reckon the spacing of the hands make a difference because when I do wide grip presses, it reminds me of doing flys because I can feel the chest doing way more work than the triceps as opposed to the narrow grip position.

CGBP and there is an exercise on the lat machine you can do with a rope, overhead tricep extension ro something, thats awesome too

Aside from heavy arse benching.

Heavy strict presses, weighted dips, rope pushdowns.

I bought a plate stack machine just so I could do pushdowns. Rape the triceps but won't destroy the elbows.
[MENTION=3627]Silverback[/MENTION]; knows where its at.

Have never done CGBP much but yes I do believe that the narrow spacing causes more tricep involvement.

It's all about the number of degrees of movement in the various joints. With close grip the elbow moves from roughly 45 to 180 so 135 degrees and the shoulder maybe 45 to 90 whereas normal grip is roughly 90 degrees each.

Incidentally, the last time I tried, I could CGBP more than my normal bench.

Pushdowns + overhead + rope, that or I go back to spaghetti arms.
I throw in dips also, keep pulling a back muscle every time I do CGBP.