• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What Type Of Row Is Your Favourite?

What Type Of Row Is Your Favourite?

• bent over barbell rows

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • bent over reverse grip barbell rows

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • one arm dumbell rows

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • seated cable row (narrow grip)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • seated cable row (wide grip)

• pendlay rows

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • yates row

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • t-bar rows

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • other - specify

• Total voters
Toss up between cable and T-Bar.
Although at varying times i attempt most variations of rows.

The seated machine row is also good for removing the lower back out of the equation.

Yeah toss up between Cable and Bent over BB/Pendlay rows, but thinking Cable as you already have a firm base to row from and is easier to target the back.

Three variations I use over time are;

Bent BB row, Draper style
DB row
Chest supported plate loaded

Of those 3 I beleive the first is just a cool mass builder. Builds toughness.
The other two are more (as shrek wrote) specific to biulding the muscular structures of the back and shoulder girdle.

one arm rows is all I ever do.

Back for me just chinups, cleans, and one arm rows (no machines at all).

t-bar rows are my favourite but it sucks my gym doesn't have a setup or a machine to do it, I got told off for damaging the wall. I stick with one arm rows mostly

I like to switch up. Been noticing some good gains with one arm db rows, also less strenuous on my lower back which I tweaked a couple of weeks ago :). Don't mind a bit of t-bar as well

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

t-bar rows are my favourite but it sucks my gym doesn't have a setup or a machine to do it, I got told off for damaging the wall. I stick with one arm rows mostly

That really irritates me when clowns jamn the bar in the corner of the gym loaded to the max and start throwing the baf and slamming it on the ground.

Three bars at the gym are now rooted.

Most if not all the guys I see perform rows incorrectly.
With bars or T-Bar they stand far too upright and it's virtually an upright row with a huge jerking action. When performing cable rows they use the hip as a pivot, turning the exercise into a hyper-extension.

That really irritates me when clowns jamn the bar in the corner of the gym loaded to the max and start throwing the baf and slamming it on the ground.

Three bars at the gym are now rooted.

no throwing or slamming here, I respect the gym equipment as much as anyone. The owner told me that he doesn't like me doing it due to destroying wall so I simply stopped doing them no arguments.

I do miss doing them, nothing compares for me anyway.

Most if not all the guys I see perform rows incorrectly.
With bars or T-Bar they stand far too upright and it's virtually an upright row with a huge jerking action. When performing cable rows they use the hip as a pivot, turning the exercise into a hyper-extension.

Correct

T-Bar rows, definately, i just use the narrow parrarel grip handle from the cable station.
Does anyone actually use the standard harley handlebars that come with the pivot?

we have a socket piece which the olympic bars fit into; do worry about the bars though.

So far, bars still ok.

T-Bar rows, definately, i just use the narrow parrarel grip handle from the cable station.
Does anyone actually use the standard harley handlebars that come with the pivot?

Yeah this is exactly what i used to do before i changed to bent over BB rows, but the new gym doesnt have the same parralel grip attachment to it is useless an the harley handlebars i find completely terrible to use.