• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

whats the key to getting a toned body

O

olfa

so what's the key to getting a toned body ?I have changed my diet and worry about eating too much and putting fat on rather then taking it off , i just want a good body now, my workout has been high reps with low weights and recently switched it to low reps with high weights, should i i go for 6/7

i have always been fati look at my best mate and he is opposite then , so tell me what i can do to get toned up for summer

just eat and east set a weight goal you would like to be at. Get to say 2-5kgs heavier don't worry too much about your bodyfat percentage- ideally you should stay below 17%.

Then Once you have hit your target weight,start cutting down

dont worry about a little fat, its easily knocked off

15-17% bodyfat is fairly typical of most NRL and top union players and they do display a bodybuilder look for sure. If you are to look at players like Stirling Mortlock, Sonny Bill Williams who are often on adds. They hold their size fairly well. If you look at the cover of magazines like Men's Health you will notise that most of the cover models are around the 8-10% mark, thanks to the help of lighting etc they still manage to look really cut. 10% is nowdays classed almost as sixpack lean, 5 and under is classed as well ripped, while upwards of 15% is fairly typical of your pro NRL and Union players. It still amazes me how cut somes guys often appear to be even at 12-15%. If you are really diligent with you training and wax, you can still look half descent at that at 12-15%. I myself am around 4-5% but tend to aspire more to the wiry Bruce Lee or the cut boxer or martial artist look. I have been bigger before, what I think it comes down to most of the time is attitude, you will find out what looks best for you. If you get too big you don't look at good in jeans or your cardio suffers and then if you get too small your anaerobic strength might not be as good, it is all relative.:)