• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Which Would You Choose?

dc1138

Which Would You Choose?

Natural Bodybuilding: Dave Goodin

Modern Bodybuilding: Roid-based Bodybuilder Kai Greene
(Perhaps we should not concede the term "bodybuilding" to the roid-users!

Classic Physique Building: Champ Steve Reeves)

Kai looks absolutely disgusting. the natural guy looked way too shredded - it looks awkward.

Reeves has the perfect combination of mass and definition.

There is a real difference between in definition between the classic physique builder and a mainstream, chemically-enhanced, bodybuilder or natural.

Rich Gaspari - Modern Bodybuilding: Roid-based Bodybuilder

Steve Reeves - classic physique builder

I believe the classic physique will make its way back to mainstream bodybuilding. The idea does not seem far fetched at all to me. In fact, I think the more "freak show" modern bodybuilding becomes, the more essential a return to proportions and aesthetics will become. It's like how female bodybuilding got so out of hand that they developed the figure division to bring back proportions and an overall feminine physique.

I think the same will happen in men's bb'ing. They will have to develop a "fitness" division to try and attract new followers. I can only hope that they use the Classic Ideals as their judging criteria!

What do you think?

Modern Bodybuilding, Natural Bodybuilding, or Classic Physique Building:

Which Would You Choose?

PS, Reeves is just fatter = less definition

there are already fitness competitions.. but they are for people that actually are fit, not just look like they are fit

Last edited:
Is this a joke?
You chose a cartoon for Kai.

You are not asking a question here but giving your point of view.

I prefer me.

kai with Reeves level of fat?

regardles of your personal preference in men he's still a f#cking big unit! and deserves respect for that

why has Steve now become a "classic physique builder" rather than a "Natural body builder"??

Last edited:
Is this a joke?
You chose a cartoon for Kai.

You are not asking a question here but giving your point of view.

I prefer me.

Roid based bodybuilding
MAINSTREAM BODYBUILDING IDEAL IS THE CARTOON CHARACTERS (the Hulk-The thing,He-man, ect)

"natural bodybuilding" cadaver or zombie look

Classic Physique - The Greek god Ideal

its the catgories I am talking about.

here is a definite difference in appearance between the classic physique builders of the pre-roid Golden Age and natural bodybuilders of today.

If judges of natural bodybuilding contests and the natural bodybuilding mags promoted the classic physique ideal of the pre-roid Golden Age, then it would be a different situation. However, my guess is that they are too tied up with the supplement companies that have an interest in promoting an unnatural "roid" look - which (according to them) can only be acheived by taking their supplement.

Just flip through a recent issue of Natural Bodybuilding and Fitness magazine and see how many ads there are that are selling supplements with "roid"-sounding names! This will tell you a lot about the ideal they are trying to promote.

Last edited:
I like the "classic" look. I especially like the part where they're not wearing thongs.

Last edited:
kai with Reeves level of fat?

regardles of your personal preference in men he's still a f#cking big unit! and deserves respect for that

why has Steve now become a "classic physique builder" rather than a "Natural body builder"??

Why?, because he pumped 30 different kinds of roids into his ass. He deserves NO respect. Only gullible fools like u would look up to this ugly FREAK and the glorification of extreme, unnatural size! .

Last edited:
Why?, because he pumped 30 different kinds of roids into his ass. He deserves NO respect. Only gullible fools like u would look up to this ugly FREAK and the glorification of extreme, unnatural size! .

as opposed to 5 or so kinds of roids that Steve took? if more were available, he would have taken more.

I don't look up to Kai, but i respect his determination.
i suppose you missed the "red pants" joke then?

hard to say, since he suddenly pulled down his Team Beachbody member profile

thankfully, Google caches things
Team Beachbody - Member Profile

wow... good diet advice

Last edited: