• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
M

musclebreak

I often here strange misconceptions about creatine use at the gym, decided to write a detailed blog post on creatine use for bodybuilders, including it's benefits, natural sources of creatine, who won't benefit from creatine use, etc.

Here is a little snippet from the article:

If you’ve been doing your research on the most popular bodybuilding supplements that you can purchase, there’s no question that you’ve come across creatine.
Creatine monohydrate is easily one of the most talked about and studied compounds that you can put into your body if your mission is increased muscle size, strength, power, and enhanced physical performance.
Creatine is also a relatively safe supplement and can be used by just about everyone.
But what does creatine really do?

WHAT IS CREATINE

First let’s discuss what creatine is exactly. Every time you perform an intense muscular contraction, your muscles are going to utilize a compound called ATP, which stands for adenosine triphosphate.
Now, residing in your muscle cells at this very moment is a compound called ADP, which is adenosine diphosphate.
What’s the difference between ADP and ATP? As you may have guessed, one phosphate molecule.
When an additional phosphate molecule combines with ADP (already residing in the muscle cell) to create ATP, that then kicks off the muscular contraction process.
Think of ATP like the spark plug that lights your muscle contraction on fire.
How creatine enters the picture is that it provides a pool of phosphate molecules that can then be utilized to generate the ATP. If this pool is not there, the body will have to go through a lengthy process to generate that additional phosphate molecule, which happen fast enough to keep those intense muscular contractions going.
Creatine therefore, is a critical element in the muscular contraction process. If you are performing moderate intense activity that can utilize glucose or fatty acids as a fuel source, creatine will not be utilized as ATP is simply not the energy currency the body needs for this activity.

Here's a link to the full creatine guide: The Complete Creatine Guide For Bodybuilders

Would love feedback on the information, we are a small aspiring fitness brand who hope to grow with the support of everyone! We would love if you could like our Facebook page and follow us on instagram for regular updates. We are looking to give away some of our shirts and tank tops for free.

I often here strange misconceptions about creatine use at the gym, decided to write a detailed blog post on creatine use for bodybuilders, including it's benefits, natural sources of creatine, who won't benefit from creatine use, etc.

'Here' is a place, I think you may mean 'hear', which is what you do with your ears.

Here is a little snippet from the article:

If you’ve been doing your research on the most popular bodybuilding supplements that you can purchase, there’s no question that you’ve come across creatine.
Creatine monohydrate is easily one of the most talked about and studied compounds that you can put into your body if your mission is increased muscle size, strength, power, and enhanced physical performance.
Creatine is also a relatively safe supplement and can be used by just about everyone.
But what does creatine really do?

WHAT IS CREATINE

First let’s discuss what creatine is exactly. Every time you perform an intense muscular contraction, your muscles are going to utilize a compound called ATP, which stands for adenosine triphosphate.
Now, residing in your muscle cells at this very moment is a compound called ADP, which is adenosine diphosphate.
What’s the difference between ADP and ATP? As you may have guessed, one phosphate molecule.
When an additional phosphate molecule combines with ADP (already residing in the muscle cell) to create ATP, that then kicks off the muscular contraction process.
Think of ATP like the spark plug that lights your muscle contraction on fire.
How creatine enters the picture is that it provides a pool of phosphate molecules that can then be utilized to generate the ATP. If this pool is not there, the body will have to go through a lengthy process to generate that additional phosphate molecule, which happen fast enough to keep those intense muscular contractions going.
Creatine therefore, is a critical element in the muscular contraction process. If you are performing moderate intense activity that can utilize glucose or fatty acids as a fuel source, creatine will not be utilized as ATP is simply not the energy currency the body needs for this activity.

Here's a link to the full creatine guide: The Complete Creatine Guide For Bodybuilders

Would love feedback on the information, we are a small aspiring fitness brand who hope to grow with the support of everyone! We would love if you could like our Facebook page and follow us on instagram for regular updates. We are looking to give away some of our shirts and tank tops for free.
In your blog you have a photo of Jay Cutler.
You have evidence he was using creatine monohydrate? Is that how he attained his size?
If I take CM could I become a holder of 4 Sandow's?

HAHAHA! i love this forum, i don't spell one word right and somebody is onto it! I'm not trying to spam anything @WoodyAllen - it's extremely difficult to get traffic any other way than promoting on forums like this even though i realise how annoying this may be. I'll try to make these threads less spammy in future. @Shrek are you for real? i think you would really benefit from reading this article on creatine... for your information creatine is also consumed naturally in meats like beef, so therefore it's safe to assume he was atleast consuming some creatine in his diet at the time. Having said that though I never made any claim that taking creatine would turn you into the next Mr Olympia or that he was regularly taking creatine monohydrate. The picture is there moreso because it is a creatine guide for "Bodybuilders" hence Jay Cutler.. Maybe if you spent less time criticising people's hard work and actually acknowledge the work i put into it.

*This isn't a dig at you, i'm just defending my hard work. I'm open to letting anyone contribute who wants to? @Shrek @WoodyAllen @Big Mick

'Here' is a place, I think you may mean 'hear', which is what you do with your ears.
Big Mock.
Lucky this place isn't called aus spelling and gramma.

Remember when you kept calling people out on spelling then you fucked something basic up. Thought you would have learnt from that.

In your blog you have a photo of Jay Cutler.
You have evidence he was using creatine monohydrate? Is that how he attained his size?
If I take CM could I become a holder of 4 Sandow's?

Absofukkinlutely bro. That and No Bull protein powder.

The No bull story was one of the ausbb classics.

Loved all the guys giving them big positive reviews because of the taste. Also at the same time positive reviews at how well their low carb diet was going.

Turns out they were drinking carb shakes.

It was a great unintentional blinded study of sorts. People couldn't tell their protein powder was mostly carb, how worthless are reviews of any supplements then.

The No bull story was one of the ausbb classics.

Loved all the guys giving them big positive reviews because of the taste. Also at the same time positive reviews at how well their low carb diet was going.

Turns out they were drinking carb shakes.

It was a great unintentional blinded study of sorts. People couldn't tell their protein powder was mostly carb, how worthless are reviews of any supplements then.

err umm. Barry, I remember you defending the fuck out of No Bull and attacking me constantly for siding with BN.

For a week or more you and I went toe to toe, me backing BN and you backing No Bull.

Then Big Mock stuck his neck in after all the hard work was done - fucken 'glory boy!'. :D

err umm. Barry, I remember you defending the fuck out of No Bull and attacking me constantly for siding with BN.

For a week or more you and I went toe to toe, me backing BN and you backing No Bull.

Then Big Mock stuck his neck in after all the hard work was done - fucken 'glory boy!'. :D

Not me as far as I remember.

Just recently Even more companies had been exposed for not having the advertised amounts in their products.
and I mean real low amounts of key ingredient.
google it and make sure it's not yours before you go off stating how supplements reduced your recovery times and was responsible for giving you gains.

supplements, how many examples does one need to realize it's just a money spinning venture, don't always believe what you think.

Not me as far as I remember.

Yep it was you. You were just fucking me I assume, no flyes for you to pull wings of that week :D

On the topic of BN and No Bull:

So big Mick is anti supp these days. Wasn't too long ago he was the supp fan boy. Even buying bootleg liver tabs behind the hungry jacks.

Yeah Big Mock was a Supp fan boy, now he has even gone anti protein powders. :(

Member during Protein Warz when he came in with his thread 'exposing' No Bull, after all the heavy work was done by me and Myst.

Big Mock then did a full 180 and started defending No Bull and even threatening people with Defamation on behalf of No Bull. :D
[MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; does change his tune regularly.

Just recently Even more companies had been exposed for not having the advertised amounts in their products.
and I mean real low amounts of key ingredient.
google it and make sure it's not yours before you go off stating how supplements reduced your recovery times and was responsible for giving you gains.

supplements, how many examples does one need to realize it's just a money spinning venture, don't always believe what you think.

Yeah, Four Corners had a show on on Monday night showing something like only 26% of Supps in America passed Govt testing for meeting their own labels :D

Yep it was you. You were just fucking me I assume, no flyes for you to pull wings of that week :D

On the topic of BN and No Bull:

Yeah Big Mock was a Supp fan boy, now he has even gone anti protein powders. :(

Member during Protein Warz when he came in with his thread 'exposing' No Bull, after all the heavy work was done by me and Myst.

Big Mock then did a full 180 and started defending No Bull and even threatening people with Defamation on behalf of No Bull. :D
[MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; does change his tune regularly.

You're going to have to dig it up because I'm pretty sure you have the wrong guy. I was never a no bull fan boy. I never used no bull even once. I used BN when I used protein. I do remember everyone getting shirty at the way BN exposed it for some reason. There were a fair few guys sponsored by no bull before the scandal.

a5e9dd7024593fe548d802d616fea2fc.jpg