• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Will I expire?

DKD

Private Dancer
Last night I had a moment of weakness. I went foraging through the kitchen pantry and dug out a pack of white chocolate macadamia thingys. I had 4 pieces. After the last piece I look at the pack, it says use by August 2009. Faaaaark! :eek:

It's only a measly 19 months past the expiry date. Will I die a slow and painful death?

The point of the thread is to discuss food expiry dates. Which foods is it more critical for? I'm a little paranoid about these dates. When I do check the package I follow the dates religiously. My wife is a lot more "meh" about the dates, but she's a mega tight arse who gets almost orgasmic if she saves 6 cents on mangoes.

What say you?

My missus is the same lol.
As for expiry dates, I used to be religious. These days however, 99% of the food I buy doesn't have one, not even my milk :D.
If it doesn't look/smell/taste like it should, then I don't eat it.

Hippy Sticky. That's my suggestion for naming your first child, boy or girl!

Dairy, meat, poultry, eggs, fermented goods such as salami, pepperoni, etc. Should never be eaten past their used by dates. Some foods are fine, chocolate is so high in far
t and sugar, as we as preservatives, it can be eaten past it's used by date. The golden Rule in food microbiology; if it smells or looks funny, don't eat it!!

Remember that only things like dairy will have 'expiry' use before dates.

I think of them other foods are simply 'best before' the food should still be eatable, unless its a ridiculously long time after the 'best before'.

But generally the 'if it smells and looks alright' it is, should apply. Be careful with meats and dairy. If its a day or so after a 'best before' i wouldn't really hesitate about eating it though.

I will mention salsa (for chips), the last two times i ate the i got horrible/painful food poisoning. I had opened them over a week before and then left them in my room over night, put them in the fridge the next day, then had wanted some a week later, ended badly, hopefully I've learnt, if not third time lucky lol.

Anyone whose had a Combat Ration Pack will remember the 10 year out of date M & Ms. They're gone now though, replaced with (pretty much) in date smarties.

My chickens don't mark their eggs with a used by date, what should I do?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk