• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

working on mobility

Stick with DeFrancoes as it is easy to follow. Both are good. I do something very similar to DeFrancoes with my clients.

Is there anything you could recommend especially with shoulder mobility/ scapula stabilisation/depression? Just some stuff I can do a few times a week?

I also got a small hard ball to do soft tissue work on the pecs, do you recommend this?

Shoulder Circles (full ROM) then shoulder dislocates, snow angels on a foam roller or scapula wall slides, thoracic spine rotation and extension exercises. Ball work into pecs, rotator cuff and lats. Should take 5 to 10 if you push through it.

Shoulder Circles (full ROM) then shoulder dislocates, snow angels on a foam roller or scapula wall slides, thoracic spine rotation and extension exercises. Ball work into pecs, rotator cuff and lats. Should take 5 to 10 if you push through it.

Full ROM shoulder circles would just be slow and controlled, I assume?

Shoulder dislocates with a broom handle or band?
What kind of rotation/extension stuff would you recommend?

And I am glad you are posting, I missed reading your posts.

Last edited:
Slow and controlled circles move your scapula fully. Always use a stick as the bands allow you to cheat.

For extensions I use a foam roller and lie on it starting just below my shoulder blades. Ass should always be on the floor.with knees bent and tight abs pressing your lower back so it does not move (easy to cheat and do all the movement in your lower back than upper back). Bend your upper back over the foam roller until you can go as far as possible (usually head to ground). Support your head and neck with your hands and try to touch your elbows together to bring your scapula out of the way. Do a mini curl up and repeat. Always do them slow and controlled. They should be on the mag mobility dvd.

For the rotations do the quadruped rotations that should also be on the DVD.

Awesome. I'm doing all of them at the moment.

Injured right shoulder 7 weeks ago. Been doing physio exercises and I just realised today that the right one has more mobility than the left. Better start doing both sides!