• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
P

piage

Hi guys,

I'm new here, and maybe new to the fitness world. I would like to get my workout reviewed by more experienced people. I just use bodyweight exercises, I want to gain some mass and muscles but not like a body builder.

I'm 30, 1.80m tall, 70kg. I'm quite lean but no muscles.

So my weekly workout look like this:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday (outdoor gym):
– 10 minutes warm up run
– Pull ups ( 4-5 reps, then I die)
– Push ups (15 reps)
– Squats (15 reps)
– Chin ups (2-3 reps, then I die)
– Dips (2-3 reps)
I repeat this 3 times (a part from the warm up run)

Tuesday, Thursday
– warm up
– various planks
– Inverted row
– stretching exercises
– push ups (15x3)

I bought a pair of gym rings and I'll try to use them on the outdoor gym instead of using the bar.

My goal is to gain some mass, I'd be happy to gain 5-10 kgs no more.
I don;t eat much meat, maybe once a week, but I'm getting some whey protein as supplement.

I want to focus on my upper body, since my legs are already muscular (don't know how), especially I'd like to have a strong back, hence my focus on chinup/pullup.

Thanks guys!

Youre not going to get massive doing that stuff.
It will get you stronger and get the heart rate up tho, which is probably what youre looking for.

Consistency & diet is the main thing. Keep showing up and training. How much are you eating on a daily basis?

My advice is to train like you want to be huge because more than likely it won't happen or if you are getting huge you can then tailor your training for maintenance only.

Google progressive overload. That and enough food after what you need to gain muscle. (And patience)

Ho guys, thanks for your advices. Im not sure if I eat enough. I eat meat once a week cause my gf is vegetarian and it's easier to cook and eat the same things. That's why I use whey and casein supplements.

How can I check if my macros are OK? Is there a tool that can use to calculate it?

Use the app 'my fitness pal'
You can put in food and even scan labels to get the macros. Track a few days or a week and see how you go, then adjust as necessary.