• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

need advice on cutting

Why are morning carbs and protein critical?

Your body has been fasting for 6 or 8 hrs depending on your sleep habits so your insulin levels are low. Insulin levels are critical for controlling protein absorption which as a bodybuilder getting ready for a comp is important. When i say have some carbs in the morning it would be half a cup of uncooked oats or similar, nothing over the top that the body will not use. Obviously if you are running keto then its a whole other ball game. Not having any thing in the morning will cause muscle degradation which is the number 1 thing we dont want otherwise we are wasting our time busting ass lifting iron :)

Guys Dan, TDS, is a competitive bodybuilder & I guess he's sharing what works or has worked for him.

Lets not turn this into a shit fight. Not everyone follows IF, or Max Brenners suggestions. Bb'ers in particular stick to a very stringent set of diet principals.

Lets try to respect everyones opinions & the information being shared, rather than it degenerating into a vagina bumping/ dick measuring competition.

/ta brahhhhh's :p

Guys Dan, TDS, is a competitive bodybuilder & I guess he's sharing what works or has worked for him.

Lets not turn this into a shit fight. Not everyone follows IF, or Max Brenners suggestions. Bb'ers in particular stick to a very stringent set of diet principals.

Lets try to respect everyones opinions & the information being shared, rather than it degenerating into a vagina bumping/ dick measuring competition.

Well said Bella
And before anyone here starts arguing, take a look at yourself then take a look at what Dan has achieved.

Thanks Bella.

Wingman etc, as Bella has stated just sharing my experiences and thoughts, not saying this is the only way to do it. Comp prep is very different to everything else and until you have done a couple it probably doesn't make sense.

Not having any thing in the morning will cause muscle degradation which is the number 1 thing we dont want otherwise we are wasting our time busting ass lifting iron :)

Have a look around bud.... Turns out this is not the case...

There are some stickys in the nutrition thread that cover this... Look for posts by Max Brenner...

No need to worry about going all catabolic in the morning...

Bella,

Full respect to anyone that competes... God knows this forum needs some real bbers...

This forum was very lucky to have Max post here...

Out of interest does anyone here dispute what Max B put up in the nutrition section???

Nope.

But as TDS said, prepping for a bb'ing comp is a different ballgame & each to their own? No one way, is the "right" way. Especially when you're cutting down to such low bf %'s.

I hope TDS can share much more with us all about the different stages of his journey. Its good to have him here :)

In the end, whatever works to get you where you're going.

Definitely dont disagree with Max. The trouble with it all is everyone is so different. Like he talks about eating potato and not worrying about the GI issue, white potatoes and sweet potato bloats me so i can only consume brown rice and oats and greens for carbs. We just need to take bits from all information available and see what works, getting ready for a comp is one of the best ways to do this. Learn so much about how your body reacts and that only small changes in nutrition can make a big difference.

Exactly this, but broscience is broscience.

Yeah... I read that bb vs pl blow up in other thread.... Some of the discussion did get quite I interesting...

One of the biggest probs for the bb section IMO is the epic amounts of bad broscience that flows through the industry... Makes it hard to know where the BS begins and ends...

A lot of it comes back to the old saying... " correlation does not necessitate causation..."

The internet is doing a strong job of pointing out a lot of the errors in bro science though..

And as I said above this forum was very lucky to have max b...

Definitely dont disagree with Max. The trouble with it all is everyone is so different. Like he talks about eating potato and not worrying about the GI issue, white potatoes and sweet potato bloats me so i can only consume brown rice and oats and greens for carbs. We just need to take bits from all information available and see what works, getting ready for a comp is one of the best ways to do this. Learn so much about how your body reacts and that only small changes in nutrition can make a big difference.

My trainer friends says oats bloats him whereas he cuts to competition shape using white rice as his carb source. His half Asian, so maybe that has an influence?