• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

100kg x100 reps

jzpowahz

Anyone know of this being done? (squats) I googled it and got nothing.

I did 65kgx65 reps today and it got me thinking. Clearly that would be a SHITLOAD harder! I'd be thinking there would be big guys that could handle that tonnage but you definitely need some decent cardio/fitness in general just to go for that long.

Any strong guys up for a challenge?

Last edited:
Theres a vid on youtube of some guy doing 225 pounds by 98 (squats l mean, not sure wtf lift youre talking about)...... Or maybe he got 99... not sure. Will try and find it.

Few people where talking about doing this for deadlifts with straps, doubt anyone even tried it though, seems very stupid.

Edit: Rapey lied... This guy did bodyweight (218 pounds for 98 reps)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvgabJF8aXU[/ame]

Not that stupid. :p
65kg for 65 reps... I did see that in your log chris. The funny thing is, i knew you meant what you wrote :eek:
Id be willing to attempt 100 deadlifts. Ive done 21 without any trouble on a couple of occasions @100kg. Remembering form would be the hardest part.

yeah I meant squats. Sorry forgot to mention that.

I'd be more scared of form deteriorating with deadlifts than squats even though technically it "should" be easier.

The guys final reps weren't too bad l didnt think..... Assuming you'd get a fuck load of back rounding with deadlifts though.

yes, single ply it was, but look at the upright form more like an olympic lifter than powerlifter.

A 300kg single for an olympic lifter is freaky, yet common amongst powerlifters.

There ware a write up I think on Bolex forums ages ago about a guy who did stuff similar to this on his birthdays, he used his age as the number of sets he was going to do, so turning 36 he would do 36 sets of 10 or whatever it was, I will see if I can find the thread, it was also published in HCAM from what I can remember and I think he did both deadlifts one year and squats another year....

Sorry it wasn't squats it was deadlifts for 33 sets using 100kg and 10 rep sets, here is the write up
33 Sets of Deadlifts

Also Neil Gardener did something similar but he supersetted dead and squats on new years eve i think for 38 sets using 70kg, there is a vid on his winning physique facebook page, but as i dont have Facebook I don't know if its still there...

Last edited:
Pretty sure Scott is natty as well

Wrote my second ever program while he was at Spartans
In hindsight I should have followed for more than a week lol

Yeah Neil is a great bloke and go train down at his Gym (winning Physique) in Ferntree Gully every now and then, always willing to lend a hadn and offer some advice.
I used to visit his message board many years ago, great bloke and very knowledgable. lots of good advice from him.