• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

100's?

Headley

BigRed Kunce
Hey guys,

Had one or two people mention this program to me the last few weeks: Bodybuilding.com - Training With One-Hundred Repetitions!

"Resting. If you have to stop to rest, only rest one second per repetition left to perform. For example, if you only get seventy reps, you rest thirty seconds and then do the remaining thirty. Say you have to rest again; you use the same principal by resting one second per repetition you have left until you reach the one hundred mark"

Exercises are:

Flat barbell bench press using the bar (45 lbs) x 100 reps
Incline dumbbell press 8 lbs x 100 reps
Chest fly machine 10 lbs x 100 reps
Overhead tricep extension 10 lbs x 100 reps
Tricep pushdowns (any grip) 20 lbs x 100 reps

Squats using the bar (45 lbs) x 100 reps
Leg press 50 lbs x 100 reps
Leg extensions 20 lbs x 100 reps
Leg curls 10 lbs x 100 reps
Good mornings using a stick 0lbs x 100 reps

Lat pull downs 30 lbs x 100 reps
Seated cable rows 20 lbs x 100 reps
Dumbbell pull over 10 lbs x 100 reps
Ez curls using the bar (15 lbs) x 100 reps
Reverse grip cable curls 10 lbs x 100 reps

Machine shoulder press 10 lbs x 100 reps
Lateral raises 3 lbs x 100 reps
Bent over lateral raises 3 lbs x 100 reps
Donkey calve raises 10 lbs x 100 reps
Seated calve raises 10 lbs x 100 reps

Over 4 days, the idea being to keep the heart rate up high the whole time.

This would not work at all unless you want to look like a cyclist from the Tour De France. The highest you might want to go is a weight you can do once for 15 reps but hit it for 10 reps for several sets.

It will get you tired, burn calories, and might give you a slight pump but it wont build muscle.

I am considering doing it merely for the fat loss, then get serious once i get it down some... meh

I am considering doing it merely for the fat loss, then get serious once i get it down some... meh

In that case, you have your logic backwards.

Use a lower volume at higher weights when in calorie deficit, the idea is to maintain as much muscle / strength as possible by providing appropriate stimulus.

Doing cardio lifting while in calorie deficit will most likely lead to a greater loss of muscle mass.

Good on you for wanting to lose weight, but are you aware its really simple and that what you specifically do in the gym doesnt affect it nearly as much as your diet?

You need a certain amount of calories each day, for me it's 3000.
If I eat less than 3000 calories I lose fat.
If I eat more than 3000 calories I gain fat.
If I do any form of exercise more than what I normally do I need a little more than 3000. If I did your routine 3 times a week I might need 3300 per day. But I could also achieve this by just going for a brisk walk for 30 minutes each day.

Really needs to be a sticky on how to lose weight (calories in vs calories used). Do you get it?

People here will recommend you choose heavier weight training as an activity while you eat slightly less than 3000 calories (note this could be far less for you, you might only need 2000 and hence need to eat 1800). The reason they recommend weight training with heavier weights is people can gain muscle while losing fat - and it helps preserve muscle so your body doesn't burn it for energy while you lose weight.

Last edited:
I got a new eating plan in mind, i think with that any my current beginners power lifting routine (SLDL, squats, curls, bench press Mil press and bent over row) should be good

What retard wrote this retard program.

Sure ill rep out 100 barbel curls or military press, but only as a prehab movement after heavy training.

lisa12a.jpg

The author, shredded as fuark and posessing a next level muscular physique.

Looks like someone took a good idea and took it too far- making the inventor look like a complete ass