• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2 day split questions

sari96

Banned
Can anyone answer these simply questions all involved in a 2 day split weekly routine for me?

Should I only perform 2 exercises for biceps and triceps?
Should I strain with the same intensity as I would If i was only working that muscle once a week?
Should I be hitting over 12 reps with the 2 day split?

Hey Sari, have you checked out the Sticky's in the bb'ing section at the front of the forum? I think you will find all of the information you need right there? Rather than starting a new thread for every one of them?

There is a wealth of good info on here and a whole bunch of guys and gals who'd be happy to assist you, but spend some time and have a read through the bodybuilding programs and splits at the front of the forum, they're quite detailed and there's good advice from many knowledgable forum members there.

Another tip? Start your training log, get one up there, decide on your method of attack and start. We'll all be keen to see what you're doing and how you're progressing. It's also a good platform to ask for any additional advice you may need?

Best of luck with designing your program and hitting your nutrition needs to get to your goals.

Good luck :)

Can anyone answer these simply questions all involved in a 2 day split weekly routine for me?

Depends what exercises are being done in the 2 day splits. :confused:

Should I only perform 2 exercises for biceps and triceps?

There's no real 'limit' on how many to do, but since biceps get used when working back and triceps get used during chest, they don't need that many exercises.

Should I strain with the same intensity as I would If i was only working that muscle once a week?

My answer would be yes.

Should I be hitting over 12 reps with the 2 day split?

Depends what your goal is. Different reps serve different purposes.

Responses in bold.

Hey Sari, have you checked out the Sticky's in the bb'ing section at the front of the forum? I think you will find all of the information you need right there? Rather than starting a new thread for every one of them?

There is a wealth of good info on here and a whole bunch of guys and gals who'd be happy to assist you, but spend some time and have a read through the bodybuilding programs and splits at the front of the forum, they're quite detailed and there's good advice from many knowledgable forum members there.

Another tip? Start your training log, get one up there, decide on your method of attack and start. We'll all be keen to see what you're doing and how you're progressing. It's also a good platform to ask for any additional advice you may need?

Best of luck with designing your program and hitting your nutrition needs to get to your goals.

Good luck :)

Sorry but none of the stickies help me, anyone else that can answer my questions

Sorry but none of the stickies help me, anyone else that can answer my questions

Dude ignore the standard stickies answer if you want real training advice post more info. There is some big units here that know their stuff. I'm not convinced that your not trolling but prove me wrong post up the following if you want good feedback.
1 height weight age lifting experience.
2 lift maxes
3 your complete program with all lifts, sets, reps and weights or at least how you are.working out the working weights.

Or you can just keep posting useless half information that the real lifters will ignore.

Any tips

16yro
177cm
73kg

Been working out since Feb 2011

Started light weight training at 76kg, lost weight down to 65, then trained heavily and now at 73kg

Sunday/Wednesday: chest, shoulders, tris

Flat Bench press 4x 8. * *60kg
Flat Flys 3x 8. * * 20kg db's
Shoulder press 3x8. * * 20kg db's
Shrugs 3x12. * * 60kg
Dumbbell side raises*3x8 * * *12.5kg db's
Dumbbell front raise*3x8. * * 12.5kg db's
Scull crushers 4x8 * * *25kg
Dumbell Tri extensions 4x 12. * * 22.5kg

Monday/ Thursday: back, biceps

Wide grip pullups 3x failure*
Deadlifts*3x8. * * 80kg
Bend over rows*3x8. * * 45kg
Hammer curls preacher bench 4x8. * * 12.5kg db's
Preacher curls 4x8. * * 27.5kg

Tuesday/ Friday: legs, abs

One leg, Leg extensions * 3per leg x18 * * *20kg
Leg curls*3x8. * * 20kg
Calve raises 3x12. * * 60kg
Dumbell Squats 3x10 * * *22.5kg db's
Crunches, sit ups 3x25

Pretty light weight training on the legs

Never tried seeing how much I can lift on any exercise.

Any tips?

Dude ignore the standard stickies answer if you want real training advice post more info. There is some big units here that know their stuff. I'm not convinced that your not trolling but prove me wrong post up the following if you want good feedback.
1 height weight age lifting experience.
2 lift maxes
3 your complete program with all lifts, sets, reps and weights or at least how you are.working out the working weights.

Or you can just keep posting useless half information that the real lifters will ignore.

This. Need more info mate, then people can help.

Not been rude mate but that programme is awful for where you are at. I stand by what I said in the other post. You could halve your time in the gym and get more size gains if you ran starting strength for 6 to 12 months.
If you move more weight in only the big lifts you get bigger faster especially at your age and eat shitloads can't get really big and stay super lean all the time

Not been rude mate but that programme is awful for where you are at. I stand by what I said in the other post. You could halve your time in the gym and get more size gains if you ran starting strength for 6 to 12 months.
If you move more weight in only the big lifts you get bigger faster especially at your age and eat shitloads can't get really big and stay super lean all the time

16yro
177cm
73kg
Been working out since Feb 2011
Started light weight training at 76kg, lost weight down to 65, then trained heavily and now at 73kg

Sunday/Wednesday: chest, shoulders, tris

Flat Bench press 4x 8. * *60kg
Flat Flys 3x 8. * * 20kg db's
Shoulder press 3x8. * * 20kg db's
Shrugs 3x12. * * 60kg
Dumbbell side raises*3x8 * * *12.5kg db's
Dumbbell front raise*3x8. * * 12.5kg db's
Scull crushers 4x8 * * *25kg
Dumbell Tri extensions 4x 12. * * 22.5kg

Monday/ Thursday: back, biceps

Wide grip pullups 3x failure*
Deadlifts*3x8. * * 80kg
Bend over rows*3x8. * * 45kg
Hammer curls preacher bench 4x8. * * 12.5kg db's
Preacher curls 4x8. * * 27.5kg

Tuesday/ Friday: legs, abs

One leg, Leg extensions * 3per leg x18 * * *20kg
Leg curls*3x8. * * 20kg
Calve raises 3x12. * * 60kg
Dumbell Squats 3x10 * * *22.5kg db's
Crunches, sit ups 3x25

Pretty light weight training on the legs

Never tried seeing how much I can lift on any exercise.

I'll offer my noob advice. 5X5/SS is a great program I would definitely recommended one of those. Or anything along those lines. full body, 3 times a week is great. If you really want more time int he gym though (but it wouldn't really be needed).

Back/Biceps (this is a crappy day though)
Deadlifts, rows, chin ups, pull ups (Do deadlifts last, superset curls and chin ups)

Chest/shoulders
Heavy bench, military press, dips(weighted) dumbbell flys(I think), tricep kick backs (i don't know what half of your exercises are, heavy bench will do most things)

Legs/Abs
Squat, lunges, calf raises, (side)leg raises, planks (crunchs probably don't do anything, sqauts give you abs, just need to hit obliques)

Personally I think splits are a waste (for the most part), 'back/biceps' don't deserve there own day, doings deads means you won't be able to squat the next day, biceps can't ever be worked hard enough. 5x5 is enough, or do a 2 day split (upper/lower).

Just focus on Bench press, squats. dead lifts 3 times a week. Add in chip ups and military press.

Adrian you right mate any good linear progression programme will work I just love the way rips writing can hook a noob

Squat, dead, bench and drink milk or your a pussy. It's hard to argue with.