• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

3 Day Program

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
I like to design my own routines. This is what I'm now now and have been doing for the past few weeks. Loving it.

Day 1 - Shoulders / Biceps / Calves:
  • OHP - 12, 10, 8,6
  • Side DB or Cable - 2 x 12
  • Rear Dumbell or Cable - 2 x 12
  • Dumbell Curl - 12,10,8,6
  • Cable Curl - 15,15
  • Reverse Cable Curl - 15,15
  • Barbell Wrist Curl - 20,20
  • Calves - 15, 15, 15, 15 (Alternate Seated and Standing or Toe press)

Day 2 - Legs
  • Leg Press - 12,10,8,6
  • Leg Ext - 15,15,15
  • Lunges or Step Ups - 20,20,20 (Sometimes Front Squats - may introduce light squats again soon, hip is starting to feel better)
  • Leg Curl - 12-15 x 4
  • Stiffies - 10,10,10

Day 3 - Chest / Tri / Back
  • Dips - 12,12,12,12
  • Cable Crossover or Flyes (pre fatigue) supersetted with Push Ups - 12/10,12/10,12/10
  • Overhead Cable Extension - 12,10,8,6
  • Rope Pushdown - 12,12
  • Lat Pulldown - 12,10,8,6
  • Chest Supported Row or Cable Row - 12,10,8,6
  • Stiff Arm Pulldown - 15,15 (Sometimes throw in a couple sets of pullups in between)

I do 3 days on one day off so every body part gets hit twice per week but an extra day off if required for recovery or if I have something on.
Workouts take under an hour. I do some cardio (usually walk or KB work) on off days.

I don't bench press any more to protect my shoulder. I don't get the same pain from O.H press but I'm not going overly heavy.
I add anywhere between 1-2.5kg per workout. I take my fractional plates to the gym when I'm not training at home.

That's it Kunce. :D

Looks good, have you thought about throwing in some super sets just to increase the intensity and workload a little?

I do a for chest otherwise i can do far too many push ups.
I do throw in some supersets now and then but only as a variant.

Stiff Legged Deadlifts after Leg Curls? I remember you once said that your Hamstrings felt like they were going to tear when doing S.L.D.L.s.
I find that if I do S.L.D.L.s after Leg Curls my Hamstrings feel very tight and inflexible, like they might tear. But if I do S.L.D.L.s first then Leg Curls second the problem is solved.

Personally I cane do em in any order and the result is the same, a killer hammirw workout with pretty mad DOMS

Stiff Legged Deadlifts after Leg Curls? I remember you once said that your Hamstrings felt like they were going to tear when doing S.L.D.L.s.
I find that if I do S.L.D.L.s after Leg Curls my Hamstrings feel very tight and inflexible, like they might tear. But if I do S.L.D.L.s first then Leg Curls second the problem is solved.
Still do. I do them slow and controlled and not super heavy.
after leg curls they need a good stretch anyhow.

Does your stiffie weight have any relation to your deads weight that you use? or just whatever to give your hammy a good stretch?

Around 1/3 of my deadlift weight. If I go too heavy it encourages lower back too much.

Could be an option... How about DB bench? But with your elbows tucked in closer to your body...

The problem with dumbells it make progression difficult. The dumbells go up by 2kg each so that's 4kg in total. I can't add that much per workout or week.

The problem with dumbells it make progression difficult. The dumbells go up by 2kg each so that's 4kg in total. I can't add that much per workout or week.

Add reps. Added reps x sets = added volume. Increase weight when you can do say 3-4 more reps than you started with...

I understand what you mean and I've done that in the past.
With this program I want to stick with prescribed reps and sets.

Fair enough mate... I can appreciate that also.. Best of luck, will be following along. Are you dieting?