• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

5 day split ?

ALECLYNNE

Hi Guys
i have always trained three days a week full body work out , but wondering if a 5 day one body part per training day would be a better way to go , as i do struggle a bit on a full body work out since i have reached into my 60s as still trying to get some muscle growth and enjoy training like it was my first time lifting weights , any surrgestions which body part first and so on to end of the week .

Rgards Alec

Hello Alec.

Well done for your efforts.

How long have been cosistantly training for?
What exercises have you been using in the last 12 months?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not a very big fan of 5 day/1 body part per day training.

Have you considered maybe changing to a upper/lower split instead if your looking for a change?

An example would be
Mon - Upper
Tue - Lower
Wed - Rest
Thur - Upper
Fri - Lower
Sat + Sun - Rest

wow 60s and still training :) .. thats something to admire and aspire to..
U dont see too many people still train into their 60's. kudos to yourself ALECLYNNE.

If your retired (from wat im assuming) then i dont see why not u cant do a 5 day split.

As u have ample time to recover/eat from workouts.

Last edited:
5 day split

Hi Guys
Thanks for the replys ,yes retired now so can not get out of bed soon enough to go training ,my training for the last 12 months , monday wednesday friday , i start with chest incline bench 3 sets of what i feel like some days 12 others 20 reps but not heavy any more , then pec deck 3 sets 12 to 20 reps , 3 sets flyes 12 reps , then shoulders on the smith machines seated behind neck 3 sets first set only bar 20 reps then add weight each set 8 reps , then on to upright rows on smith machine 3 sets bar only first set then add weight 8 reps , then single dumbel latrels 2 sets 8 reps,then back close grip pulley two sets then 3 sets wide grip lat pull downs 3 sets 8 to 12 reps , then onto triceps 3 sets over head on pulley heavy as i can for 18 to 20, reps, then onto 3 sets dumbel curls start with 35s then 50s then 60s as many reps as i can do as running out of energy then onto legs 2 sets leg extentsions 20 reps then 3 set leg press 80 reps only 4 x 50 plates on it so not heavy, now calfs on machine 3 sets first set 50 reps nest 80 reps last always try for 100 reps some days i am able to do it others not, also do some walking with my dog & kicking the bag but not with the dog.
Regards ALEC

I think I see your problem. You have A LOT of exercises in there that you do no need to do.

Incline Press
Pec Dec
Flyes
Shoulder Press
Upright Rows
Lateral Raises
Lat Pulldowns (Close)
Lat Pulldowns (Wide)
Tricep Pushdowns
Curls
Leg Extension
Leg Press
Calf Raises

You need a whole new program first then see how you feel.

Yea Very good you hit everything I would try and add lower back to back day dead lifts and hyper extensions. Also missing the other 2 parts of your abs lower and obliques. Idk but for some reason when i run i can feel it in my lower back. You might also try and add in some cardio bike or something like that if your more intrested of sliming down and training for a mariton. But very good, i might steal this and tweak it.
Im not sure bout supplements i would try and watch your calories and split your meas so that you eat 6 times a day. This is supose to increase your matibolism,..copied,..nice useful information,..

Yea Very good you hit everything I would try and add lower back to back day dead lifts and hyper extensions. Also missing the other 2 parts of your abs lower and obliques. Idk but for some reason when i run i can feel it in my lower back. You might also try and add in some cardio bike or something like that if your more intrested of sliming down and training for a mariton. But very good, i might steal this and tweak it.
Im not sure bout supplements i would try and watch your calories and split your meas so that you eat 6 times a day. This is supose to increase your matibolism,..copied,..nice useful information,..

329679007_98a076dfce.jpg

This is most definitely going to be added to my favourite posts. I was going to edit it (as my first mod move) and correct spelling and grammar but there was too much to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't edit to correct grammar. Everyone should see how poor ones grammar is. It speaks volumes about the person.

a bit sad

I thought this forum was about training health & fitness , not rubbishing some ones spelling & grammer , lets keep it enjoyable .

Alec

Forget the grammar.

That last pic you posted Oli is someone's daughter; I love to have a joke, but making fun of someone with a disability is piss poor.

Forget the grammar.

That last pic you posted Oli is someone's daughter; I love to have a joke, but making fun of someone with a disability is piss poor.
Agree. I missed the pic before (must have been still loading).
Pic gone.