• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

6 weeks no lifting

Brick

I have to have my appendix removed. I am booked in on the 28th March. I have 1 month till I enter a comp on March 10th and am running a sheiko prep cycle.

From the 11th to the 27th I have 16 days to try for some carryover in the lifts to see me through a 6 week layoff (4 weeks nothing, then 2 more weeks no squat or dead) obviously I will lose some strength but I would like to minimise it as much as possible.

I'm thinking run a smolov base cycle on squat and try smolov jr for OHP cause I won't be able to handle intensive bench with my shoulder. Basically just try and beat myself the fuck up and try and build squat as much as possible.

Anyone else got any suggestions for programmes with ludicrous amounts of volume that will fit the time frame?

All the best mate.
:)

Dr's have been whipping these things out since the 1700's pretty sure there is next to no chance of them fucking it up. Just pissed off it puts me out for 6 weeks. I already told my missus 4 weeks so I can start sneaking back in the gym if I feel all good and doing some upper body and seated pressing..

Why can't you lift for 6 weeks?
Surely you can do arms and stuff?

Brisk walking only 4 weeks, he was pretty fucking clear about it. Its pretty easy to bust the stitches with abdominal pressure, so the surgeon says.

Fluffy, SP, Sticky or el freako may have best ideas.

My opinion, alter training cycle to make sure you finish up with some intensive sessions so your break absorbs some of the lighter weeks.

Come on Oni, that one was pretty obvious.

Ihad to have 11 days off when i had recent stitches in neck. still managed 11 reps on 100kg bench after one session in three weeks.

Haha, something that would beat the hell out of you so your body could 'use' the 6 weeks is certainly one way of thinking about it...

Spritcha told us the other day he wasn't a big fan of Smolov for powerlifting... Damnit I've forgotten the reasons now. I agree with spartacus.. I'd consult one of those guys.

Maybe some bodybuilding posing during the 6 weeks? :p

I dunno I've never had my appendix removed or known anyone that's had it done
In your situation I would lift 3x a day and just beat myself down to the point that I couldn't lift the bar lol, then spend 6 weeks "peaking" on the sofa haha

Or you could spend it cutting weight

build up that right forearm, or the left, whatever tickles your fancy.

cutting would be hard if you can't work.

just recover from all your injuries and come back fresh as a daisy..

Fluffy, SP, Sticky or el freako may have best ideas.

My opinion, alter training cycle to make sure you finish up with some intensive sessions so your break absorbs some of the lighter weeks.

Come on Oni, that one was pretty obvious.

Ihad to have 11 days off when i had recent stitches in neck. still managed 11 reps on 100kg bench after one session in three weeks.

I'm going to see freako on Monday have a feeling I know what his answer is. Plenty of russian goodness will be the prescription

Haha, something that would beat the hell out of you so your body could 'use' the 6 weeks is certainly one way of thinking about it...

That is exactly what I am planning

I dunno I've never had my appendix removed or known anyone that's had it done
In your situation I would lift 3x a day and just beat myself down to the point that I couldn't lift the bar lol, then spend 6 weeks "peaking" on the sofa haha

Or you could spend it cutting weight

Scarily we are thinking along exactly the same lines here, but I don't want to lift blindly I'd like some structure. I could get really ridiculous and run an AM/PM split of something doing double volume get a 6 week programme down to 3.

The cutting in my down time was a given already.

Wrist curls

This is the fucking strength section, didn't you fucking check. I'm so sick of you ****s ramming bb down my throat its fucking so one sided round here. Next you'll suggest a 5 day split, chicken and brocolli 5 times a day GTFOH

This is the fucking strength section, didn't you fucking check. I'm so sick of you ****s ramming bb down my throat its fucking so one sided round here. Next you'll suggest a 5 day split, chicken and brocolli 5 times a day GTFOH

That's a no then?