• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

80 Badass Quotes About Training

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
From Arnold and Ronnie Coleman, to Jack Lalanne, Louie Simmons, The Navy Seals, Henry Rollins and even Socrates, here’s the most badass quotes about training

Please add any of your own favorites

1. “No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” – Socrates
2. “The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat.” – Navy SEAL’s
3. “Just remember, somewhere, a little Chinese girl is warming up with your max.” – Jim Conroy, Olympic Weightlifting Coach
4. “Passion trumps everything” – Dave Tate
5. “The pain of discipline is nothing like the pain of disappointment” – Justin Langer
6. “Shut up and train” – Unknown
7. “I don’t care what you USED to bench” – Serge Ceralde
8. “I wouldn’t tell somebody that they weren’t a powerlifter because they only bench pressed, or they only bench pressed and deadlifted, but, what the hell is wrong with squatting? What are you, afraid? I thought powerlifters were supposed to be big, tough guys. Strap your cock on, leave your pussy at home, put a bar on your back and bend your knees!” – ‘Captain’ Kirk Karwoski
9. “Right now, your competition is training” – Uknown
10. “Remember this: your body is your slave; it works for you.” – Jack LaLanne
11. “I have often said that it’s as complicated as you want to make it. The mentality of ‘just pick up heavy stuff’ will only get you so far. As you improve, your training must evolve. And a lot of guys evolve by trial and error. But that’s extremely inefficient. If you understand the physiology of what you need and you also understand the training effects of different means and methods, you can then apply the right tool for the job. Less trial-and-error. More improvement. Of course, if you’re just interested in average results, there’s no need to put that much effort into it.” – Mike Tuchscherer
12. “The meet don’t start till the bars on the floor.” – Uknown
13. “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” – Muhammad Ali
14. “The best activities for your health are pumping and humping.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
“15 Pain is weakness leaving the body” – Unknown
16. “Don’t have $100.00 shoes and a 10 cent Squat” – Louie Simmons
17. “It wasn’t until my late twenties that I learned that by working out I had given myself a great gift. I learned that nothing good comes without work and a certain amount of pain. When I finish a set that leaves me shaking, I know more about myself. When something gets bad, I know it can’t be as bad as that workout.” – Henry Rollins
18. “Big quads without big hamstrings is like steak without potatoes” – Unknown
19. “To be number one, you have to train like you’re number two” – Maurice Green
20 ‘Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
21. “And what I’m telling you now is not for you to go out and try the same ways I try, or not to even try my technique. Just put it to your personality, put it to yourself, and you develop your workout. Cause those books and things, those are other people’s gimmicks and hypes. Build your own gimmick and hype, and that’ll make you a better powerlifter. Not just doin’ it like James does it, cause if you try to fly off the building like superman you’ll be out there in the middle of the street.” – James Henderson
20. “Go Hard, or Go Home” – Uknown
22. “Weight lifting is about lifting the impossible, overcoming the unachievable. If you don’t lift things that are hard, and only do the things you can do, it’s only going to get boring. Unless you want to lift beyond your limits to get stronger, to achieve new goals, and to be satisfied, you got to lift past these challenges, and still lift the things you think are impossible to really understand how your true strength will show. lift how I lift, see how I lift, watch how I lift, learn how I lift, and your true strength will come forth and be revealed” – Chasers Holmes
23. “To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” – Buddha
24. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
25. “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them” – Uknown
26. “That’s a good weight…for a small woman” – Dorian Yates
27. “Training gives us an outlet for suppressed energies created by stress and thus tones the spirit just as exercise conditions the body.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
28. “Most power lifters share some common defects, as a whole for whatever reason, LOVE to punish, beat and torture ourselves beyond the limits of mind and body. It is our spirit that prevails. This defect of intelligence and sensibility pushes us onto the next level, makes us better and stronger. We all have lifted sick and badly hurt,, When this subject comes up with normal people and other meatheads, we all have the prideful smile when we talk about lifting with a 100 degree temperature or a torn groin. Thank God that therapy doesn’t work on us.” – Captain Kirk Karwoski
29. “Just do it” – Nike
29. “I do it as a therapy. I do it as something to keep me alive. We all need a little discipline. Exercise is my discipline.” – Jack LaLanne
30. “Squat”
31. “Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don’t nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight.” – Ronnie Coleman
32. “Curls for the girls” – Uknown
33. “I prefer to work out alone. It enables me to concentrate on the lessons that the Iron has for me. Learning about what you’re made of is always time well spent, and I have found no better teacher. The Iron had taught me how to live. Life is capable of driving you out of your mind. The way it all comes down these days, it’s some kind of miracle if you’re not insane.
People have become separated from their bodies. They are no longer whole. I see them move from their offices to their cars and on to their suburban homes. They stress out constantly, they lose sleep, they eat badly. And they behave badly. Their egos run wild; they become motivated by that which will eventually give them a massive stroke. They need the Iron Mind.” – Henry Rollins
34. “A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at a time – pills or stairs.” – Joan Welsh
35. “The pain you feel today is the strength you’ll feel tomorrow” – Unknown
36. “Don’t ask for a light load, but rather ask for a strong back.”- Unknown
37. “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” -Michael Jordan
38. “The difference between someone who is in shape, and someone who is not in shape, is the individual who is in shape works out even when they do not want to.” – Unknown
39. “The only easy day was yesterday” – Navy SEALS
40. “What good is it to look like Tarzan and play like Jane?” – John Welborn
41. “Have you ever noticed an athlete in the weight room who is built like Tarzan, yet lifts weights better suited for Jane? Yet,there are other athletes who are every bit as strong and functional as they look” by Joe DeFranco
42. “Feel the burn” – Unknown
42. “Through the years, I have combined meditation, action, and the Iron into a single strength. I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts. Time spent away from the Iron makes my mind degenerate. I wallow in a thick depression. My body shuts down my mind.” – Henry Rollins
43. “The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
44. “No pain, no gain” – Unknown
45. “Stimulate don’t annihilate”- Lee Haney
46. “One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days,but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life.” – Unknown
47. “Light weight … Yeah buddy!” – Ronnie Coleman
48. “Curl in the squat rack and die!” – Unknown
49. “You want me to do something… tell me I can’t do it” -Maya Angelou
50. “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times” – Bruce Lee
51. “No excuses” – Unknown
52. “Intensity builds immensity” – Kevin Levrone
53. “You’re gonna have to go through hell, worse than any nightmare you’ve ever dreamed. But when it’s over, I know you’ll be the one standing. You know what you have to do. DO IT!” – Duke (Tony Burton), Rocky IV
54. “A lifetime of training for just ten seconds.” – Jesse Owens
55. “Down the road, in a gym far away
A young man was heard to say
“No matter what I do, my legs won’t grow!”
He tried leg extensions, leg curls, leg presses too
Trying to cheat, these sissy workouts he’d do!
From the corner of the gym where the big guys train
Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain
Where the big iron rides high, and threatens lives
Where the noise is made with big forty-fives
A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees
A very big man with legs like trees
Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack
Chalked his hands and monstrous back
Said, “Boy, stop lying and don’t say you’ve forgotten!
Trouble with you is you ain’t been SQUATTIN’!”
- Jeff “MADDOG” Madden
56. “Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase.” – Joseph Pilates
57. “Aint nuttin’ but a peanut” – Ronnie Coleman
58. “Ain’t nuttin’ to it,but ta do it!” – Ronnie Coleman
59. “If your dog is fat, you’re not getting enough exercise.” – Unknown
60. “The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back. The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard.
The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins
61. “Anybody that ever tells me that I can’t do something – thats just more fuel to my fire. I love it when people say ‘oh you can’t do this, you can’t do that,’ because they’re the ones that make me do the extra rep, to throw the extra 10lbs on the bar, they’re the ones that, when I step on stage, I want them right along side me so I can just destroy them on stage. – Guy Cisterino
62. “When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no ‘I’ll start tomorrow.’ Tomorrow is disease.” – V.L. Allinear
63. “An hour of basketball feels like 15 minutes. An hour on a treadmill feels like a weekend in traffic school.” – David Walters
64. “For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
65. “When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot become manifest, strength cannot be exerted, wealth is useless, and reason is powerless.” – Herophiles
66. “If it weren’t for the fact that the TV set and the refrigerator are so far apart, some of us wouldn’t get any exercise at all.” – Joey Adams
67. “Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley

68. “Each workout is like a brick in a building, and every time you go in there and do a half-ass workout, you’re not laying a brick down. Somebody else is.” – Dorian Yates
69. “Most of us think we don’t have enough time to exercise. What a distorted paradigm! We don’t have time not to. We’re talking about three to six hours a week – or a minimum of thirty minutes a day, every other day. That hardly seems an inordinate amount of time considering the tremendous benefits in terms of the impact on the other 162 – 165 hours of the week.” – Stephen Covey
70. “Training for a fight by running twenty minutes everyday makes perfect sense if you plan on running away from your opponent and know you will be getting a ten minute headstart. Stick to the basics and when you feel you’ve mastered them it’s time to start all over again, begin anew – again with the basics – this time paying closer attention.” – Coach Greg Glassman, Crossfit
71. “To feel strong, to walk amongst humans with a tremendous feeling of confidence and superiority is not at all wrong. The sense of superiority in bodily strength is borne out by the long history of mankind paying homage in folklore, song and poetry to strong men”. – Fred Hatfield
72. “Squat, jump, climb, throw, lift.” – Unknown
73. “If you don’t do what’s best for your body, your the one who comes up on the short end.” – Julius Erving
74. “Bodybuilding is my religion, the gym is my church.” – Unknown
75. “What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn’t think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
6. “Duuuude If I finish this set maybe a hot chick would suddenly come over and do naughty…naughty things with me.” – Unknown
77, “In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” ~ Henri- Frederic Amiel
78. “The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body. The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results.” – Anthony Robbins
79. “Keep your blood clean, your body lean, and your mind sharp.” – Henry Rollins
80. “It is as satisfying to me as cumming is. You know — as having sex with a woman and cumming. So can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am, like, getting the feeling of cumming in the gym, I’m getting the feeling of cumming at home, I’m getting the feeling of cumming backstage when I pump up. When I pose out in front of five thousand people, I get the same feeling, so I am cumming day and night”. – Arnold Schwarzenegger

Iron is a cruel mistress; to get what you desire, you must first endure her punishment. If you try to cheat her, she will always know -myself :)

37. “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” -Michael Jordan

VegetaItsOver9000-02.png