• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Adding Carbs to Whey Powder

sari96

Banned
for bulking, how much carbs (in powder form) should you add to a protien shake (also in powder form)
Is there a ratio? I just thought I should go half protein, half carbs but im not sure :confused:

Last edited:
for builking, how much carbs should you add to a protien "As in a shake":confused:

How long is a piece of string.

Bulking, as long as your over maintenance calories with 2-3gms protein per kg it does not make a difference how many carbs you put in your shake. Or if you even have a shake and eat the carbs instead.

I was always a fan of saving my sugars for something that tasted decent...

Love the taste of my protein shakes, I look forward to having them daily, so if yours do not taste decent I think you are buying the wrong whey.

For a great recipe that tastes as good if not better than a Gloria Jeans Iced chocolate or similar combine 200ml of milk, about 10 ice cubes, 40gram of WPI, I use BN Chocolate or Vanilla and blend till it is a nice consistency.

It's ice cold, delicious and good for you, plus it fills me up, much better than ice cream.

PS I don't add carbs to my shakes as they already have enough calories for my liking.

You can't compare cookies and cream ice cream too a protein shake...

Unless it's myofusion. Although I refuse to spend retarded money on protein.

Thanks for the replies, ive just bought whey protein powder and carbohydrate powder and want to know how much of each to mix as a bulking shake, I just looked at the details of a popular bulking protein which showed me how much the carb to protein ratio should be ,which contains around 40g of protein per 100 grams and 50g of carbs per 100 grams, which is about, half half, considering it has whey concentrate which has around 80 grams of protein per 100 grams. Which if you think about it half of 80 is 40. So all I have to do is put 50% protein into my shake and 50% carbs!

Sounds good, looks like you solved the problem, would be a very sweet shake I would think with that much sugar in it.

Love the taste of my protein shakes, I look forward to having them daily, so if yours do not taste decent I think you are buying the wrong whey.

For a great recipe that tastes as good if not better than a Gloria Jeans Iced chocolate or similar combine 200ml of milk, about 10 ice cubes, 40gram of WPI, I use BN Chocolate or Vanilla and blend till it is a nice consistency.

It's ice cold, delicious and good for you, plus it fills me up, much better than ice cream.

PS I don't add carbs to my shakes as they already have enough calories for my liking.

Add some xanthum gum to that to make a thick shake/frappe :)

any health food store should have it. It's farkin awesome for shakes especially. If you want lower cal you can use 1 cup ice, 1/2 cup milk, about 1/4 tspn xanthum, cottees diet choc syrup and a premade chilled coffee. Epic healthy frappe. (can add protein obviously if you want.)

I take a Max's brand shake which is Supersize. this is probably too much carbs though as it contains around 77g carbs with water and over 100g carbs in milk. around 50g protein too and 70 in milk. This shake has been effective for my bulking stage . and it provides some good energy for pre workout. Cheap too, only $80 for 5kg

$80 for 4kg of sugar and 1kg of cheap WPC/WPI blend is not cheap, its insanely expensive:eek:

You can get the same mix for about $8-12 per kg at most if you just buy the protein and then add your own Dextrose (about $3 per kilo at Big W):)

$80 for 4kg of sugar and 1kg of cheap WPC/WPI blend is not cheap, its insanely expensive:eek:

You can get the same mix for about $8-12 per kg at most if you just buy the protein and then add your own Dextrose (about $3 per kilo at Big W):)

Which protein would that be and where would I get it? I wouldn't be surprised at that info. I really don't know too much about what im drinking at the moment so id give anything a try :)