• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Adding cardio

popperman

Hey guys , at the moment im lifting 5x a week and was thinking of throwing in a crossfit class class in the morn 2x a week one on a off day and one on a lift day , dont really want to lose any size ( 86kg atm) just want to get a bit fitter and get the BF% down a bit more , treadmills and shit bore me . I did a class this morn and i was pretty rooted afterwards , in the 15min i got 64 burpees to box jump and 56 deadlift/clean . How do you think this will go ? or any other suggestions.

Depends on your fitness levels really
I have no problem juggling lifting 8x a week with football training 2x a week and a game on Saturday

Hey guys , at the moment im lifting 5x a week and was thinking of throwing in a crossfit class class in the morn 2x a week one on a off day and one on a lift day , dont really want to lose any size ( 86kg atm) just want to get a bit fitter and get the BF% down a bit more , treadmills and shit bore me . I did a class this morn and i was pretty rooted afterwards , in the 15min i got 64 burpees to box jump and 56 deadlift/clean . How do you think this will go ? or any other suggestions.

Sounds like your goal is to reduce fat... While maintaining mass...

The amount of training you do could be counter productive...

Lyle covers it here...
Weight Training for Fat Loss Part 1 | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

Weight Training for Fat Loss Part 2 | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

Yeah i look and feel fit but it could be better and i think this would help , but i want to still get some more size and was just wondering if this would slow down my progress , im sure the BF% will come down so that side of it would be good .

Nazzysmith , you posted as i was typing , Its more to get that bit fitter and the BF coming down more would be a bonus ( im thinking im in the low teens ) , just dont want to start losing size that ive worked hard for over the last year .

just go for a walk everyday for 1/2-45mins every down up and down some hills..... Done... youll lose some bf and it wont effect your 'gainz'.

Nazzysmith , you posted as i was typing , Its more to get that bit fitter and the BF coming down more would be a bonus ( im thinking im in the low teens ) , just dont want to start losing size that ive worked hard for over the last year .

Cheers man!

Read the links...

Your lean mass will remain as long as there is adequate calories and protein... And that you do heavy lifting in your program...

Too much cardio... Just means you need to eat more... Otherwise you could lose lean mass if your in a deficit...

just go for a walk everyday for 1/2-45mins every down up and down some hills..... Done... youll lose some bf and it wont effect your 'gainz'.

That's nowhere near complicated enough to work
How will you ever turn that into a blog post or a book to sell?

One thing I will say is increase your metabolic flux. Flux simply means flow. IE:

Sitting on your ass all day and eating at a 250kcal deficit (say 2000kcal burning maybe 50kcal via "exercise") will give you shitty results compared to lifting and doing heavy cardio twice a day every day and eating a 250kcal deficit (for example 3000kcal burning 1050kcal via exercise)

When Tom Hardy played Bane in Batman he literally trained 4-5x a day and ate EVERYTHING and gained hardly any fat. To trim off the excess he just switched sausages for chicken breast in his meals

thanks for the replys guys , i think ill give it a go and see what happens , im starting to see real good gains since changing it up in the gym now i have a new partner who knows what there doing , keep chasin that 90kg mark !

I find the more I train the more recovered I get between workouts and thus the more I can train