• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Adipowers or Romaleos 2?

G

gettehlife

So I've been investing some money into an oly shoe but now I'm not too sure what to get. I could get the Romaleos 2 from Ironedge for $226 Shipped or wait for Eastbay to restock theirs and pay $250 shipped (USD to AUD rate is absurd). Is it worth the extra $24 or so for the Adipowers? I definitely like the look of the adipowers more and I wouldn't consider my foot to be wide or narrow. I've found an Aussie site that will do the adipowers shipped for $254 (http://startrunning.com.au/adidas-mens-adipower-weight-lifting-shoes-v24382/#.UtoQv7Re6Uk) but site doesn't look too legit and found a few bad reviews on the site so I'm not too comfortable to be dealing with that site. What do you think?

I'm thinking about the Red Romaleos. I mean the adipowers look a lot better to me but I save $20 or so, get it now and most oly lifters at my gym have adipowers :p

EDIT: having a look around instagram it seems there are going to be a white and a black colourway for the 2012 Adipowers and rumours of Romaleos 3's being released. Maybe I'll hold off em for a bit.

df25a6dc797811e391d012f99f952f1f_8.jpg
Here's a pic of the rumoured white adipowers being released around June this year

Last edited:
they look like good powerlifting shoes, I wonder why they put the Crossfit name on them, they dont seem like they would be overly useful, unless the workout consisted of deadlifts/rope climbs, now all the hardcores will have a 3rd pair of shoes for CF, to go next to there nanos and there U-form lifters

Reebok I guess, Mark Bell / Jessie Burdick have a lot to do with Crossfitt style gyms over there as well, they generally don't have the large hatred towards crossfit like we do :D

Guys like Brandon Lilly and Eric Lillibridge have been squatting in them and say they're great.

Everybody that has adipowers, where'd ya'll get em from haha. They're impossible to find for under 250 here. I assume everyone got em off eastbay or something?

Just get the Nikes, they're fucking great and from all reviews I've read they're better than the Reeboks.

Also from what I've been told the Nikes are better for wider feet, Reeboks for narrower feet.

I have the Red Adidas weightlifting shoes, plus the cheap Adidas Powerlift shoes
There is a huge difference between them. The red ones are very well built, super stable and durable, the powerlift ones are made for crossfitters with short attention spans, made for a price point, spongy sole, not as close fitting, and possibly not as durable. Below 200kg squat there's not a lot of difference, above 200kg the powerlift ones are unstable.

I bought the red ones from Eastbay back when the Aus dollar was worth more, and before gymandfitness starting stocking locally

I have the inov8 355 fastlifts, awesome shoe and very stable and supported when squatting and doing oly lifts, $190 From iron edge. A few lifters I know have the adipoweres they are a quality looking item, very well made.

The new rebok will have a more flexible fore sole so you can walk skip, clump etc without killing your feet or the shoes, much like the iniv8 shoes.