• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Am i over training?

Will do, won't ever stop pumping the weights haha, what should i do diet wise, keep it as is and don't reduce / change what and how i am eating or modify (reduce intake slightly due to the lower activity?)

Take it week by week and adjust accordingly.

You might suprise yourself and add a couple of kg's of muscle tissue.

Ok, i will keep my diet where it is now, 2600 - 2800, and see how i feel and if i am gaining too fast

What is your goal weight? The slower you gain, generally the less fat you gain. I wouldn't go over 500calories per day over maintenance. People overestimate the amount of LBM they can lay on. If you're on the gear, perhaps you'll get away with it.

I wouldn't be worried about over training, but I would be concerned with recovery if your sleep is broken. 7 hours of sleep is generally ok. Most people do fine with 5-8, particularly as you get older. The odd 9-10 hour recup sleep can do wonders for your mental health as well as physical.

Even 10 hours of sleep broken is not that good - do you get woken up, too much on the mind - or just a light sleeper?

What is your goal weight? The slower you gain, generally the less fat you gain. I wouldn't go over 500calories per day over maintenance. People overestimate the amount of LBM they can lay on. If you're on the gear, perhaps you'll get away with it.

I wouldn't be worried about over training, but I would be concerned with recovery if your sleep is broken. 7 hours of sleep is generally ok. Most people do fine with 5-8, particularly as you get older. The odd 9-10 hour recup sleep can do wonders for your mental health as well as physical.

Even 10 hours of sleep broken is not that good - do you get woken up, too much on the mind - or just a light sleeper?

I don't actually have a goal weight, i go more so by appearance, but want to be bigger than what i am now that is for sure.

I only know my RMR, but using a formula worked out using a 1.5 - 1.6 multiplier 2600 - 2800 calories. (found it here; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981)

I sometimes get woken up, just toss and turn, overly stressed, too much going on and also a light sleeper most of the time, depending on how buggered i am.

Last edited:
was going to ask about stress... seems it may be an issue? cortisol can mess up your sleep, hamper your recovery and increase your general levels of fatigue. can anything be done about this?

also, i would struggle to feel energetic with 1) that many feeds and 2) that many grains/carbs. That's just me, we're all very different in this regard, but it is perhaps something worth considering.

For now, i have no idea how to lower the stress levels, but it is not continuous. Just things going on in life at the moment that i can't help

Focusing on strength for the main ones, and target a higher rep range for the other ligts ?

On another note regarding sleeping, tested for the last 2 nights, if i go straight to bed after doing everything i need to do for the night, i struggle to sleep and i toss and turn.

The last 2 nights after doing everything, i allow my self like 15 min or so to unwind and just chill out watching tv, sleep was more solid, less waking up maybe once or twice with a numb arm or something lol, but got to sleep faster as well. Wake up with more energy than usual, still a bit tired though.

try turning a few lights off and staying away from screens (tv, computer, phone) as bed time approaches - anecdotally, the reduced levels of intense light should help you get to sleep faster and sleep better. supposedly you're complementing your circadian rhythms rather than fighting against them...

try turning a few lights off and staying away from screens (tv, computer, phone) as bed time approaches - anecdotally, the reduced levels of intense light should help you get to sleep faster and sleep better. supposedly you're complementing your circadian rhythms rather than fighting against them...

I may have to sit in my room with the lights off for this to work! I have a busy household haha

I am also thinking partial reason for fatigue is i don't have any / much carbs post workout be it lifting days or cardio days, can this be this case?

The only carbs i will get post workout in dinner would be from veggies. My shake pwo is just protein, and shortly after a glass of juice with fish oil

I am also thinking partial reason for fatigue is i don't have any / much carbs post workout be it lifting days or cardio days, can this be this case?

The only carbs i will get post workout in dinner would be from veggies. My shake pwo is just protein, and shortly after a glass of juice with fish oil

Its simple I can't be botherd reading all of this but when I feel like this I take a full 7 days off training and it does wonders..I know I'm due for a rest when I get grumpy as well. During that week I rest and eat..it's the only way