• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AM Lifting

Sydking

Going to have to move my Lifting sessions to around 6 30 am

Now i dont know about the rest of you, but ive done this once or twice, and it was pretty darn ruff.

Felt so tight and weak, i think to cure this would be a 5min skipping warm up. Just to wake up.

My question is more Nutrition.

If im hitting my macros day after day, Am i right in saying training AM shouldnet mean much other then the time im training?

For Eg.

• Pre-workout (5:00am) - 30g ground quick oats, 30g WPC, 3g CEE, 3g Glutamine, 3g EAA's, 1g Taurine, 1g Joint Complex, 1g arginine.
  • During the workout (5:45 on) I drink 1 litre of water with 3g EAA's, 2g glutamine, 1g taurine, 1g arginine
  • Post-workout (6:30am) - 50g malto/dex, 30g WPC, 3g CEE, 5g Glutamine, 3g EAA's, 1g Taurine, 1g arginine, 1.5g silymarin and 2g Greentea powder (matcha).
Is something like that really needed, Im happy to wake up, Glass of water, music pumping and get into it.

Altough i do feel alot stonger and ready to lift when i get home from work it will just take time to ajust.

This is only every second day, Kick boxing at night will make these AM lifting session abit more painfull for a while aswell.

Last edited:
Ive been training mornings for a while now. Its great. I really cbf after work.

Agree.
Can be really tired and not motivated after work, and there are more distractions in the evening.
I've trained 98% of my workouts early mornings this year, and been my most consistent year yet.
Workouts are over and done with before you even start the day, and it's a great way to start the day.
Energy levels are high training fasted, once you get used to it after a few workouts.

what time do you guys get up to train/go to work?

i already get up at 5:40 for work screw getting up earlier to train plus like shrek said im stronger in the pm

I train at 5.30,
don't have to wait for equipment at this time and the granny's are lovely

if I don't eat I really struggle with strength
usually power down some oats, berries, eggs maybe a coffee at about 4.50.

experiment with food and times until you have something that works for you.

as for feeling tight, I struggle with this in the mornings, have been doing defrancos mobility and warm up exercises, they are quick and effective

i admire that guys that wake up early morning, 5 am to train. Ive tried to do it, but just went back to sleep straight away.

You all must be getting to bed early - 9 pm or so?

i already get up at 5:40 for work screw getting up earlier to train plus like shrek said im stronger in the pm

If you have to get up really early for work, then morning training is difficult to fit in.
However, I don't believe you can be stronger in the evening than early morning.
How can you lose strength overnight while sleeping?

If you have to get up really early for work, then morning training is difficult to fit in.
However, I don't believe you can be stronger in the evening than early morning.
How can you lose strength overnight while sleeping?

being less strong in the morning is probably more a feeling rather than fact. i just dont feel warmed up and 100% switched on

I'm up at 430 every day for work and usually have time to train at about 8am. Much rather train early as like others said can't be stuffed at the end of the day.

5.45 wake up, put clothes, take a piss, drink bcaa
6.00 arrive at gym, lift heavy shit
7.00 get home, drink pwo shake, take a shower get dressed for work
7.30 eat breakfast
8.00 leave for work
8.30 arrive at work

If im hitting my macros day after day, Am i right in saying training AM shouldnet mean much other then the time im training? Correct

For Eg.

• Pre-workout (5:00am) - 30g ground quick oats, 30g WPC, 3g CEE, 3g Glutamine, 3g EAA's, 1g Taurine, 1g Joint Complex, 1g arginine.
  • During the workout (5:45 on) I drink 1 litre of water with 3g EAA's, 2g glutamine, 1g taurine, 1g arginine
  • Post-workout (6:30am) - 50g malto/dex, 30g WPC, 3g CEE, 5g Glutamine, 3g EAA's, 1g Taurine, 1g arginine, 1.5g silymarin and 2g Greentea powder (matcha).
Is something like that really needed,No it is not (refer to previous question). Unless you are endurance athlete and has an extremely long glycogen depletion style workout Im happy to wake up, Glass of water, music pumping and get into it.

Altough i do feel alot stonger and ready to lift when i get home from work it will just take time to ajust.

This is only every second day, Kick boxing at night will make these AM lifting session abit more painfull for a while aswell.
See above :)
I trained for years in the PM and did the odd Am session but just didn't feel the same....until my schedule changed and AM sessions became the necessary evil...Just had to harden the 'F' up and now much prefer AM training and training performance is the best it has ever been.

I CBF training in the PM and don't know how I did it for some long.

Last edited:
See above :)
I trained for years in the PM and did the odd Am session but just didn't feel the same....until my schedule changed and AM sessions became the necessary evil...Just had to harden the 'F' up and now much prefer AM training and training performance is the best it has ever been.

I CBF training in the PM and don't know how I did it for some long.

cheers for that, Looks like it time to harden up and get on with it.

You can get that on a shirt, I'm going to get one
htfu-mens.jpg